The elephant in the room.

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The elephant in the room.

Postby Dagsannr » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:47 am

cathy wrote:
Yer, it's nasty boneheaded racism - we're all going to be perverted by evil foreigners
Like my parents. I believe the Irish make up the biggest immigrant group in Britain?

Ithought it was the Norman French? Or is it the Anglo-Saxons. No! Wait! It's the Celts! Or perhaps Cro-Magnon?

Face it, unless you live in east-central Africa, you're the descendant of an immigrant at some point.
There are 2 types of people in the world:

Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Dagsannr

Postby Roger Stanyard » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:53 am

cathy wrote:
Yer, it's nasty boneheaded racism - we're all going to be perverted by evil foreigners
Like my evil foreign parents. I believe the Irish make up the biggest immigrant group in Britain? And I think we were the terror threat bogeymen before we became the happy river dancing folk :D

IIRC abut one in ten people in the UK are Irish or have one or more parents or grandparents who are Irish.

I suspect that Byers thinks the Gordon Riots were a jolly good idea.

(On second thoughts, he's too thick to know what the Gordon Riots were or look it up on Wikipedia. Too many big and strange words. What do you expect from a dirty, rotten, Jonny Foreigner?)
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Natman wrote:
cathy wrote:
Like my parents. I believe the Irish make up the biggest immigrant group in Britain?

Ithought it was the Norman French? Or is it the Anglo-Saxons. No! Wait! It's the Celts!...

Yer, the Welsh! Dreadful lot. They are all Druids who speak gibberish and do unspeakable things down coal pits or to sheep. The place is awash with floosies.

That Rousas Rushdoony bloke had the right idea - stone them!
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby jon_12091 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:Pour young Sam Perry's (4thought.tv) parroting of his lectures whilst disbelieving them is, it seems, as nothing compared with some Muslim biology studedents at UCL. They make no bones about it and boycott the lectures. Steve Jones has complained about it in the Sunday Times (not available on line but echoed in the Mail).
Steve Jones emeritus professor of human genetics at university college London has questioned why such students would want to study biology at all when it obviously conflicts with their beliefs.
He told the Sunday Times: 'I had one or two slightly frisky discussions years ago with kids who belonged to fundamentalist Christian churches, now it is Islamic overwhelmingly.
'They don't come [to lectures] or they complain about it or they send notes or emails saying they shouldn't have to learn this stuff.
'What they object to - and I don't really understand it, I am not religious - they object to the idea that there is a random process out there which is not directed by God.'

I can't help but suspect that in some cases it may be grandstanding for politico-cultural reasons rather strait up religious conviction - Islamic fundamentalist ideological chic if you will. Though clearly there is healthy dose of the creationist 'evolution is random' strawman.

All of course slightly ironic given that there is a strong argument that western science in the late Medieval to Renaissance is largely the child of east - west knowledge transfer and that Arab natural philosophers postulated the idea of change occurring in animals through time (accepting some degree of influence from the classical civilisations) - without apparently losing extraneous body parts or suffering censure.
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

Postby Dagsannr » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:Yer, the Welsh! Dreadful lot. They are all Druids who speak gibberish and do unspeakable things down coal pits or to sheep. The place is awash with floosies.

Given my wife is Welsh, I shall refrain from comment, lest she reads this... :wink:

Dagsannr

Postby jon_12091 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:The place is awash with floosies.

Surely you mean Flosies....
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

Postby Michael » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:35 pm

jon_12091 wrote:

My boss is a druid
Michael

Postby Roger Stanyard » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Michael wrote:
jon_12091 wrote:

My boss is a druid

He looks like a Druid as well!
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Robert Byers » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:58 am

psiloiordinary wrote:Very nasty stuff Robert. This is your one warning - anymore stuff like this and you will be banned.

I thought about just deleting this but it is a great example of the truly awful side of creationist thought.

Racism is not acceptable on this forum or anywhere else and you are right on the edge!

hey. Your just making accusations against me.
I didn't say anything racist .
Your saying opinions will be censored under the power to accuse of racism.
I feel I said the truth and spot on.
I think its up to you to demonstrate what was morally or intellectually wrong or against form.
It is common knowledge the left wing wants and needs to censor criticisms.
Case in point here.

i am a foreigner, Canadian, but its the right of all men to speak the truth including on issues of identity.
i wasn't attacking the muslims but was supporting their offended opinions.
Yes ethnic peoples who Muslim have a power in Great Britain that in this case gives them more protection from criticism about acting on their faith.
if Christians had done what they did it would not be so respected even while opposed.
Your doing me wrong with your accusation. i know your bosses but better analysis can be asked.
Controlling or censoring opinions is a trait of evolutionists as many threads here indicate.
Most people do not agree with censorship of ideas and conclusions.
North America is historically more free but Britain is free a great deal also.
Articulate what was racist or borderline!!!
It seems like your saying anything in anyway a negative reflection on a people is not legal.
In a free nation it is.
Sincere opinions always must be allowed if one is presenting to the public freedom of thought/speech.
Posters here seem free to accuse my motives and character.
Its a two way street.
And again I didn't say anything wrong unless its racist to oppose any or all immigration of foreigners.
Immigration is a gift of the people and not a right.
Anyways my point is freedom of speech is what most people find reasonable.
Everyone knows when malicious words have been said.
I didn't .
End od my defence.
Robert Byers

Postby Michael » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:16 am

Byers

Are you one of those silly Canadians wanting to relax gun control so Canadians can shoot each other like Americans?
Michael

Postby Dr_GS_Hurd » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Robert Byers is one of the most entertaining creationist drool buckets in the internet. He doesn't mean to be so funny- he just is. :wink: :D
Dr_GS_Hurd

Postby Dagsannr » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:05 pm

Robert Byers wrote:Posters here seem free to accuse my motives and character.

That's because your motives are nefarious, your beliefs are ridiculous and your character is clear for all to see.

Dagsannr

Postby Roger Stanyard » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Robert Byers wrote:
psiloiordinary wrote:Very nasty stuff Robert. This is your one warning - anymore stuff like this and you will be banned.

I thought about just deleting this but it is a great example of the truly awful side of creationist thought.

Racism is not acceptable on this forum or anywhere else and you are right on the edge!

Whah whah whah whah. Didums in a tizzy!

[Mark, I'm referring to Robert Byers here!]
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby cathy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Is that post meant to be a poem Robert Byers? Cos it doesn't scan and it doesn't rhyme. And it doesn't make sense.
cathy

Postby Dagsannr » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:04 pm

cathy wrote:Is that post meant to be a poem Robert Byers? Cos it doesn't scan and it doesn't rhyme. And it doesn't make sense.

haiku's can be cool
but sometimes they make no sense
refrigerator

Dagsannr

PreviousNext

Return to Free For All