Paul Garner mysteriously disappearing?

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Paul Garner mysteriously disappearing?

Postby cathy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Ooh exciting news (well its relative and I've had a very dull day) on the New Creationism and Biblical Creation MInistries websites. Paul Garner will be disappearing- pfuff - until Autumn 2013 from both his blog and his speaking engagements (yippee, yipee, yipee). Like all creationists he is keen to ramp up the tension so his real intentions are shrouded in the mystery statement that 'he has other irons in the fire' to make him sound intriguing.

Meanwhile taking his place as associate speakers for Biblical Creation MInistries (sob, sob, sob, every silver lining has a great big black cloud) we find David (fan of the 50s attitudes to rights Christian Institute and believer that neutrality means Dawkinsmania) Tyler, Sobbing Sylv (someone was nasty to me in 1965 therefore evolution cannot be true) Baker, our old pal and well know ignorer of difficult questions and facts - Marc the mystic man Surtees and someone called William Worraker who looks familiar and I think from CST?
http://www.biblicalcreationministries.org.uk/b/

Marcs entry claims he is qualified to speak on:
Dr Marc Surtees has a PhD in zoology from the University of Reading. He is the director of an independent consultancy to the pharmaceutical industry and also manages a science and nature shop called Paradigm Shift in Edinburgh. He and his wife are active members of an independent Baptist Church and Marc lists his interests as his family, education, information technology, DIY, camping and walking. He is also an active member of the Edinburgh Creation Group. Topics that Marc can speak about include The God delusion? / Whales: created or evolved? / Are humans evolved apes? / The origin of life / Did birds evolve from dinosaurs? / Fossils: what do they really mean? / Evidence for a young earth / Was the eye designed?

None of which he is really qualified to HONESTLY speak about. However, if he is honest about non creationist things as a DIYer can he advise on the merits of sanding and filling in gaps in floors over fitting new wood based laminates or Karndean (we have to see something useful in everyone) and was attacking the bathroom tiles with a crowbar after a glass of wine wise? And what the hell do I do now I've done it?.

None of the others seem to have any honest talks to give either :evil: :evil: :evil: Sylv on education - don't get me started on that!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Still I guess Paul is made up, it takes four creationist liars lying at full tilt to replace his one dissembling career.
cathy

Re: Paul Garner mysteriously disappearing?

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Another mystery concerning geology - more suspense: http://biblicalgeology.net/blog/geologi ... ahs-flood/
a_haworthroberts

Postby Roger Stanyard » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 pm

cathy wrote:Meanwhile taking his place as associate speakers for Biblical Creation MInistries (sob, sob, sob, every silver lining has a great big black cloud) we find David (fan of the 50s attitudes to rights Christian Institute and believer that neutrality means Dawkinsmania) Tyler, Sobbing Sylv (someone was nasty to me in 1965 therefore evolution cannot be true) Baker, our old pal and well know ignorer of difficult questions and facts - Marc the mystic man Surtees and someone called William Worraker who looks familiar and I think from CST?

Bill Worraker is a name that keeps cropping up from time to time.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Evidence for a young earth

Well that one was thoroughly debunked on this fiorum.

Paul Garner will be disappearing- pfuff - until Autumn 2013 from both his blog and his speaking engagements

No doubt doing some more "research" on the coconino sandstone with John Whitmore, but to no avail.
Peter Henderson

Postby cathy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:04 pm

No doubt doing some more "research" on the coconino sandstone with John Whitmore, but to no avail.

Ah yes the coconino sandstones and their possibly aqautic footprints that were part of the massive global flood that washed away everything apart from something that remained able to paddle along whilst all around it drowned as the rushing waters carved out the grand canyon in minutes. I don't think you need to be a geologist to see that is a teeny bit odd. Than again doesn't Garner like to drop loads of mysterious hints about the coconino stuff? I wonder if he's aiming to exploit the free school creationist loonies market? Geological bullshiting on taxpayers money :evil:

As for Marc all his talks have been debunked. Especially and most recently the young earth one. If he's honest he won't be giving them. So I guess he will.
cathy

Postby marcsurtees » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:03 pm

cathy wrote:As for Marc all his talks have been debunked. Especially and most recently the young earth one. If he's honest he won't be giving them. So I guess he will.

Actually with all your helpful comments they will be better.. 8)
Marc

Postby cathy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:06 am

Actually with all your helpful comments they will be better..
I once had a pigeon poo on my head (which is supposed to be lucky but isn't). With all these flying pigs around at the moment I'm getting very worried indeed Marc.

Anyway on the other thread I've pointed to some flaws in your response to my genesis and chronology concerns - ie your posting of the AiG and CMI cop out ignore it and pretend the contradictions are not there response. I've gone to the original source, pointed out why their explanation is lacking and therefore am still awaiting a reply! Please tell me the answer - you've ignored it for so long I'm getting a complex.

You are still ignoring me. And you are a DIYer it says on BCM - so what is going to be better sand the floors or something else? Its not relevant so a quick answer is all thats required or we'll be ticked off.
cathy

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:15 am

marcsurtees wrote:
cathy wrote:As for Marc all his talks have been debunked. Especially and most recently the young earth one. If he's honest he won't be giving them. So I guess he will.

Somehow, I don't think so:

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html
Peter Henderson

Postby cathy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Somehow, I don't think so:
Me neither unless Marc is planning to stay silent or admit the earth is 4.5 billion years old and we evolved both of which are highly unlikely.

And Marc, you still haven't dealt with the genesis problem on the other thread. Plants ambigious possibly tho still looks likely to have been a before and after issue. But birds and animals? Clear, unambigous contradictions. And moreover clear and obvious contradictions that are ignored by all creationists as if the words aren't actually there. No attempts to even acknowledge them let alone explain. Why is that?.

Please can you pootle over and answer properly and promptly. Cos its looking like you really can't from here.
cathy

Postby Brian Jordan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:55 pm

marcsurtees wrote:

Or should that be more focussed on the corner you've painted yourself into? Genesis 2 - out. So Genesis 1 - undermined. You're soon going to need a microscope from your shop to find whatever bit of your creationist nonsense is left.
(Sorry Marc, nothing personal - events have left me rather short-tempered today.)
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby HughKnows » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:15 am

I can solve the mystery for you! He's spending a year at UCL masquerading as a rational science student in an attempt to get an MSc in Geosciences. I see him most weeks in lectures (he even did a presentation on dinosaurs!), but he's keeping very quiet about all this young earth creationist stuff.
HughKnows

Postby Roger Stanyard » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:27 am

HughKnows wrote:I can solve the mystery for you! He's spending a year at UCL masquerading as a rational science student in an attempt to get an MSc in Geosciences. I see him most weeks in lectures (he even did a presentation on dinosaurs!), but he's keeping very quiet about all this young earth creationist stuff.

Thanks HughKnows. One wonders just what he intends to write is his exam papers about geological age or dinosaurs.

UCL, famously, is the university where you leave religion at the gates. Perhaps he is using this as a get out clause.

Are there any rules for students or graduates of UCL that they don't bring the university into disrepute?
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Peter Henderson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:04 pm

he even did a presentation on dinosaurs!

Did he mention they lived alongside humans a few thousand years ago, right up until the middle ages ?

Are there any rules for students or graduates of UCL that they don't bring the university into disrepute?

He's still a member of the Geological Society Roger. He flaunts this in his CV.
Peter Henderson

Postby jon_12091 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:16 pm

HughKnows wrote:I can solve the mystery for you! He's spending a year at UCL masquerading as a rational science student in an attempt to get an MSc in Geosciences. I see him most weeks in lectures (he even did a presentation on dinosaurs!), but he's keeping very quiet about all this young earth creationist stuff.

For a laugh ask him how you differentiate aeolian sands from marine sands.....
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

Postby Michael » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:41 pm

jon_12091 wrote:

For a laugh ask him how you differentiate aeolian sands from marine sands.....

He will grit his teeth..................
Michael

Next

Return to Free For All