Dr. Derek lying about evolution on UK Christians.

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Derek lying about evolution on UK Christians.

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:16 am

Received this link in a mailshot today:

http://uk-christians.net/group/creation ... es_network

It seems that the majority of the western world now believes in evolution as the explanation of our origins, rather than an all powerful God. The three verses above point to a Great Lie, is evolution the lie that the Bible alludes to, or is the lie a much deeper ailment of society? Certainly, it would seem that evolution is the one big weapon that atheists use to dismiss the existence of God, and the establishment churches are also accepting evolution as the means of God's creation, under the pressure of the the 'World'.

Can we hope to debunk this lie, or are we waging a lost war? If indeed God sent this delusion, does He need us to attempt to debunk it or should we just accept that this God-sent lie without taking action. Many see evolution as evil, and we are told to resist evil wherever it is found, and all that it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. Resist or not, that is the question
Peter Henderson

Re: Dr. Derek lying about evolution on UK Christians.

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:20 am

and another:

This planetary home of ours seems to be unique, at least in this solar system, we have a magnetic field that protects us, an atmosphere that we can breathe, free flowing water to drink, plants, trees, and a host of animal life. The beauty of the Earth is staggering, from the breathtaking sunsets, to the tiny butterfly, the vivid colours of many birds are no less than works of art, but the question that divides many is, how old is our home planet?
Modern translations of the Bible lead us to believe that the Earth was created as a part of the six-day creation act, however older translations and the Hebrew scriptures support the notion that the Earth "hath existed waste and void," [Young's Literal Translation (from the Hebrew)]. The phrasing of the Hebrew strongly suggests that the Earth per-existed as a part of the earlier creation of the universe, which would sit more comfortably with the evidence we see in geology. I am personally, not a Young Earth Creationist (YEC) nor am I someone who believes that the universe is fantastically old. In honestly there is little evidence for a 14 billion year old universe, a 4 billion year old Earth or a 6,000 year old universe and Earth. So how old is this planet, Terra, that our Creator God prepared for us as a paradise home?
Peter Henderson

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:23 am

and yet more nonsense on the flud:

http://uk-christians.net/group/looking- ... es_network

As a result, those who believe in a universal flood, as I do, are hopelessly divided and confused in the detail, and, as they say, the devil is in the detail. So it is here, in the detail, that we who believe are attacked. As Christians we are seekers of truth, so we must seek the scientific truth, the way things are, not the way we would wish them to be. When I was a child I believed in fairy tails, but when I became a man I put away childish stories and looked for the truth; and the truth is, there are many issues and discrepancies in what Christians believe within the truth of the universal flood.
If we do not acknowledge the issues, and investigate them, and attempt to falsify them, we cannot hope to defend what we believe to be true. Our creationist stance must be an holistic one, we cannot pick and mix, or cherry pick, like the evolutionist does. The atheist starts with nothing and looks for answers, we start with the truth and look for vindication and supporting evidence, for that truth. If we cannot display a consistent position, shed all the pseudo-science and fairy-stories and be able to explain those issues that science fails to answer, we will never be taken seriously, and a universal flood will continue to be a subject of scorn.
Can I suggest that this group becomes an investigation into the flood issues, and we seek, not to score goals against those with a different opinion, but to seek the truth. It would be good if the main page of the group be left for our spiritual beliefs, our statements of faith in the word of God, and other spiritual matters, such as 'How the flood affects our faith' and many other subjects
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:12 am

Peter Henderson wrote:Received this link in a mailshot today:

It seems that the majority of the western world now believes in evolution as the explanation of our origins, rather than an all powerful God. The three verses above point to a Great Lie, is evolution the lie that the Bible alludes to, or is the lie a much deeper ailment of society? Certainly, it would seem that evolution is the one big weapon that atheists use to dismiss the existence of God, and the establishment churches are also accepting evolution as the means of God's creation, under the pressure of the the 'World'.

Can we hope to debunk this lie, or are we waging a lost war? If indeed God sent this delusion, does He need us to attempt to debunk it or should we just accept that this God-sent lie without taking action. Many see evolution as evil, and we are told to resist evil wherever it is found, and all that it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. Resist or not, that is the question

YEC Christians are confused I think! They read the Bible and assume that they would be fighting lies such as communism, Islam, atheism. Whereas they would assume that science - a topic not discussed in the Bible - would support scripture. Trouble is, it does not. So they assume science must be fought against - either actively, or passively either by prayer or by subverting science so that it is made to confirm recent creation and make evidence-based science look like a silly and false 'worldview' (SOME science MAY point to 'design' in nature or 'fine-tuning' in the universe, but YEC Bible literalists specifically want/expect the Genesis account to be confirmed by 'experts' as 'literal history' by means of 'science').

Those who fight science with dogma are on a hiding to nothing (cue Dawkins and Cox - or perhaps one of them is the 'lawless one').
Last edited by a_haworthroberts on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:16 am

The words of Dr Blake in one of the comments:
"... but specification is not evolution, even those evolutionists claim that it is. The only people I have met who think that is is are either evolutionists or sadly ill informed...". As ill informed as Blake? Who is calling speciation 'specification'.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:24 am

Peter Henderson wrote:and another:

This planetary home of ours seems to be unique, at least in this solar system, we have a magnetic field that protects us, an atmosphere that we can breathe, free flowing water to drink, plants, trees, and a host of animal life. The beauty of the Earth is staggering, from the breathtaking sunsets, to the tiny butterfly, the vivid colours of many birds are no less than works of art, but the question that divides many is, how old is our home planet?
Modern translations of the Bible lead us to believe that the Earth was created as a part of the six-day creation act, however older translations and the Hebrew scriptures support the notion that the Earth "hath existed waste and void," [Young's Literal Translation (from the Hebrew)]. The phrasing of the Hebrew strongly suggests that the Earth per-existed as a part of the earlier creation of the universe, which would sit more comfortably with the evidence we see in geology. I am personally, not a Young Earth Creationist (YEC) nor am I someone who believes that the universe is fantastically old. In honestly there is little evidence for a 14 billion year old universe, a 4 billion year old Earth or a 6,000 year old universe and Earth. So how old is this planet, Terra, that our Creator God prepared for us as a paradise home?

Well he does appear more open-minded/confused (take your pick) on the age of the Earth/universe issue (and doesn't slam down all broadly pro-science comments eg the one about supernovae). Ken Ham clearly has some work to do to bring him into line. Or perhaps he will move towards the Hugh Ross camp (he seems to have rejected the possibility of evolution). Based on his words in THIS thread, I can respect his views and lack of dogmatism on certain science topics - but I have seen nonsensical statements by him previously (including at 4 Thought TV I think).
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:30 am

Peter Henderson wrote:and yet more nonsense on the flud:

http://uk-christians.net/group/looking- ... es_network

As a result, those who believe in a universal flood, as I do, are hopelessly divided and confused in the detail, and, as they say, the devil is in the detail. So it is here, in the detail, that we who believe are attacked. As Christians we are seekers of truth, so we must seek the scientific truth, the way things are, not the way we would wish them to be. When I was a child I believed in fairy tails, but when I became a man I put away childish stories and looked for the truth; and the truth is, there are many issues and discrepancies in what Christians believe within the truth of the universal flood.
If we do not acknowledge the issues, and investigate them, and attempt to falsify them, we cannot hope to defend what we believe to be true. Our creationist stance must be an holistic one, we cannot pick and mix, or cherry pick, like the evolutionist does. The atheist starts with nothing and looks for answers, we start with the truth and look for vindication and supporting evidence, for that truth. If we cannot display a consistent position, shed all the pseudo-science and fairy-stories and be able to explain those issues that science fails to answer, we will never be taken seriously, and a universal flood will continue to be a subject of scorn.
Can I suggest that this group becomes an investigation into the flood issues, and we seek, not to score goals against those with a different opinion, but to seek the truth. It would be good if the main page of the group be left for our spiritual beliefs, our statements of faith in the word of God, and other spiritual matters, such as 'How the flood affects our faith' and many other subjects

"... science and the Bible will one day converge...". If he is trusting God to do this, fine. If he intends to ape the likes of Sarfati to pretend that science already confirms/supports Genesis (it certainly does not) NOT fine. Let's hope Blake DOES resist the temptation to cherry pick/pick and mix evidence/assumptions.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Michael » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:34 am

He's bonkers
Michael

Postby Brian Jordan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:24 am

Peter Henderson wrote:and another:

This planetary home of ours seems to be unique, at least in this solar system
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (we really do need an icon for ROFL!)
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:26 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:Derek Blake says This planetary home of ours seems to be unique, at least in this solar system, we have a magnetic field that protects us, an atmosphere that we can breathe, free flowing water to drink, plants, trees, and a host of animal life.

No shit, Sherlock?
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Dinos on board the ark:

http://uk-christians.net/group/looking- ... on-the-ark

There are so many differing views on this subject, but there remains evidence (evidence that evolutionists dispute as fake) in the cave drawings of France and Germany [as above, left and below]. Again
Peter Henderson

Postby Brian Jordan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:41 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:Dinos on board the ark:

There are so many differing views on this subject, but there remains evidence (evidence that evolutionists dispute as fake) in the cave drawings of France and Germany [as above, left and below]. Again
Fake, eh? Oh, those wicked neolithic types: trying to fool the poor creationists who would follow them!
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:
Peter Henderson wrote:Dinos on board the ark:

Fake, eh? Oh, those wicked neolithic types: trying to fool the poor creationists who would follow them!

The man is a complete and utter fool, claiming that Dinosaurs shrunk into being lizards after the Flud. It's no different from Mystic Marc's fantasy that lions used to eat turnips or weeds.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Michael » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:09 pm

We all ought to sign in and comment on Herr doktor's threads :evil:
Michael

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Michael wrote:We all ought to sign in and comment on Herr doktor's threads :evil:

I've already signed up and posted a couple of comments.

Someone really ought to ask him why Christians should think that the science taught in all schools, colleges, and universites everywhere is an evil lie sent either by satan ?
Peter Henderson

Next

Return to Free For All