Dr. Derek lying about evolution on UK Christians.

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dr. Derek lying about evolution on UK Christians.

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:35 am

Peter Henderson wrote:Dinos on board the ark:

http://uk-christians.net/group/looking- ... on-the-ark

There are so many differing views on this subject, but there remains evidence (evidence that evolutionists dispute as fake) in the cave drawings of France and Germany [as above, left and below]. Again

"the Behemoth for instance bears more than a passing similarity to certain dinosaurs". WHICH ONE(S) Dr Blake?

And WHERE does the Bible speak of a 'new world climate' after the Flood?
a_haworthroberts

Postby Michael » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:29 am

Peter Henderson wrote:
Michael wrote:We all ought to sign in and comment on Herr doktor's threads :evil:

I've already signed up and posted a couple of comments.

Someone really ought to ask him why Christians should think that the science taught in all schools, colleges, and universites everywhere is an evil lie sent either by satan ?

I am trying to work out how to sign up and be totally untraceable :D
Michael

Postby Michael » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:32 am

Have a giggle

Reply by Dr. Derek P. Blake 1 minute ago
Peter, we should never take the minute detail of English translations as literal without doing the research first. The Hebrew texts do not mention 'navel' at all and merely says 'muscles of his belly' check out any literal translation or better still check out the actual Hebrew scripture.

Let's be clear here, the pre-flood world was very different to the post-flood world, not only coastlines were changed but the topology of the world changed dramatically and any top soil that may have been on mountains or hills of that time would have been washed off and the bare rock exposed. With that out-wash of sediments and remains of animals and for that matter humans would have naturally been transferred to the valleys. However I cannot imagine a dinosaur like a T-Rex or a brontosaurus being able to make the climb to the peaks of mountains, nor would I think that dinosaurs had the intelligence to figure out how to make these climbs. Man however would have had the ingenuity, resources and intelligence to escape the flood for the longest time, which could be why the human remains'/fossils are found above the dinosaurs and other animals.
RSS
Michael

Postby Roger Stanyard » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Michael wrote:Have a giggle

Peter, we should never take the minute detail of English translations as literal without doing the research first. The Hebrew texts do not mention 'navel' at all and merely says 'muscles of his belly' check out any literal translation or better still check out the actual Hebrew scripture.

Let's be clear here, the pre-flood world was very different to the post-flood world, not only coastlines were changed but the topology of the world changed dramatically and any top soil that may have been on mountains or hills of that time would have been washed off and the bare rock exposed. With that out-wash of sediments and remains of animals and for that matter humans would have naturally been transferred to the valleys. However I cannot imagine a dinosaur like a T-Rex or a brontosaurus being able to make the climb to the peaks of mountains, nor would I think that dinosaurs had the intelligence to figure out how to make these climbs. Man however would have had the ingenuity, resources and intelligence to escape the flood for the longest time, which could be why the human remains'/fossils are found above the dinosaurs and other animals.
RSS

How does an imbecile get a bona fide PhD? He seems to be utterly unable to self reflect.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Peter Henderson » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:45 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:
Michael wrote:Have a giggle

RSS

How does an imbecile get a bona fide PhD? He seems to be utterly unable to self reflect.

He's clearly speaking outside his field Roger and simply hasn't a clue about either geology or biology.

Note that he rejects a 6,000 year old universe because of what he learned in astronomy.

He's an engineer so why he thinks he can pontificate on other subjects of which he clearly knows nothing about is beyond me.
Peter Henderson

Postby Brian Jordan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:He's an engineer so why he thinks he can pontificate on other subjects of which he clearly knows nothing about is beyond me.
I take it this is the man - a "Theoretical Engineer", which places him not a thousand miles from Andy McIntosh. It looks as though he stopped being an engineer some time ago, and is also a Trekkie!
http://www.simplechurch.com/profile/DerekPBlake
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Peter Henderson » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:
Peter Henderson wrote:He's an engineer so why he thinks he can pontificate on other subjects of which he clearly knows nothing about is beyond me.
I take it this is the man - a "Theoretical Engineer", which places him not a thousand miles from Andy McIntosh. It looks as though he stopped being an engineer some time ago, and is also a Trekkie!
http://www.simplechurch.com/profile/DerekPBlake

Yep, he has said he resigned from his position in the arms industry over the sinking of the General Belgrano during the Falklands war Brian, which I think was quite admirable under the circumstances, so I can't understand why he's become so fundamentalist in his outlook, given that fundamentalist Christians are generally very right wing.

As far as I'm aware he's been involved in some sort of prison fellowship ever since. although he now resides on the island of Crete.
Peter Henderson

Postby Brian Jordan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:As far as I'm aware he's been involved in some sort of prison fellowship ever since. although he now resides on the island of Crete.
That's interesting. Which creationist is it who, involved with what was the Lord's Day Observance Society, was also into prison evangelism? Birds of a (dinosaur?) feather? "Day One", IIRC.
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Peter Henderson » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:
Peter Henderson wrote:As far as I'm aware he's been involved in some sort of prison fellowship ever since. although he now resides on the island of Crete.
That's interesting. Which creationist is it who, involved with what was the Lord's Day Observance Society, was also into prison evangelism? Birds of a (dinosaur?) feather? "Day One", IIRC.

Your probably thinking of Rev. Ian McNaughton who's an associate speaker with AiG (UK). He was pastor at West Worthing Evangelical Church but now appears to have left this position:

http://www.lordsdaysabbath.org/index.ph ... &Itemid=81
Peter Henderson

Postby Brian Jordan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:39 pm

I don't think it was McNaughton - they have him down as being in Scotland. IIRC the one I'm thinking of was nearer SW England. I can't remember, now, what the interest was but I've a feeling he was writing tracts for them and wasn't on his own. :?:
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:16 pm

"Man however would have had the ingenuity, resources and intelligence to escape the flood for the longest time, which could be why the human remains'/fossils are found above the dinosaurs and other animals." Even in places where the land is low-lying and virtually flat (and was before the Flood too before you ask)?
a_haworthroberts

Postby Michael » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:35 pm

2004 Tsunami?
Michael

Postby Roger Stanyard » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:28 am

Peter Henderson wrote:

Yep, he has said he resigned from his position in the arms industry over the sinking of the General Belgrano during the Falklands war Brian, which I think was quite admirable under the circumstances, so I can't understand why he's become so fundamentalist in his outlook, given that fundamentalist Christians are generally very right wing.

As far as I'm aware he's been involved in some sort of prison fellowship ever since. although he now resides on the island of Crete.

I very much respect him over the Belgrano affair. He seems to be an honorable person (like Marc Surtees) with a kindly disposition which makes it all the sadder that he has got himself mixed up with the utterly dishonest kookery and authoritarianism of creationism.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Michael » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:56 am

Roger Stanyard wrote:
Peter Henderson wrote:

I very much respect him over the Belgrano affair. He seems to be an honorable person (like Marc Surtees) with a kindly disposition which makes it all the sadder that he has got himself mixed up with the utterly dishonest kookery and authoritarianism of creationism.

Really?
Michael

Postby Roger Stanyard » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Michael wrote:
Roger Stanyard wrote:
Peter Henderson wrote:

Really?

I could be wrong, Michael. I never bothered following him on Premier. Was he a shit there?
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Free For All