Creationist ministries international talk, Bath April 25th

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Creationist ministries international talk, Bath April 25

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri May 03, 2013 6:58 pm

"Mutations are destroying us and we are heading for extinction....".

I can't be bothered to properly analyse this, as it's old hat YEC-ism so far. I will simply flag anything of note. Others may wish to go further.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Brian Jordan » Fri May 03, 2013 8:21 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:"Mutations are destroying us and we are heading for extinction....".

I can't be bothered to properly analyse this, as it's old hat YEC-ism so far. I will simply flag anything of note. Others may wish to go further.
No thanks Ashley! It stems from some tame creationist biologist whose name I forget. In, of course, another video'd sermon - I don't think they dare commit their drivel to print. Anyway, he tripped himself up so much in the first bit of the video I didn't bother watching the rest. I commented on it in the past month or so, IIRC.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat May 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Have just listened to Batten again. He should have called his talk 'Creation is credible because I don't think evolutionism is credible'.

IF the Bible contained any real scientific investigations and conclusions, as have been carried out by humans in recent centuries, we would recognise such and take them seriously. Though of course it would then be harder for YECs to dismiss origins science as 'false history' or 'arbitrary, misguided and unprovable human opinion' and so forth.

But it doesn't. So they CAN attempt to dismiss origins science because it IS alien to what is found in Genesis.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat May 04, 2013 8:01 pm

I see that credulous Kingsmead are still gushing about their big name visitor on their homepage:
http://kingsmeadbaptist.com/
a_haworthroberts

Previous

Return to Free For All