Genesis Expo Reopens

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Genesis Expo Reopens

Postby Roger Stanyard » Fri May 31, 2013 5:21 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:
It appears that CSM has a new(ish) council member, "Dr" Bill Cooper. His first degree is basically in English literature. It's the PhD which looks distinctly dubious - from an obscure American fundamentalist "college", Emmanuel College of Christian Studies, in Springdale, Arkansas which teaches "creationist apologetics". As far as I can make out, this outfit is not accredited. There are claims it is accredited by the International Agency of Independent Accreditation for Christian Education - see http://www.ministers-best-friend.com/In ... N-222.html - which looks to be a bunch or amateurs from the arsehole of nowhere.

It appears that Emmanuel College of Christian Studies doesn't even have a web site and it's doctorate degrees are done through correspondence courses. In fact Cooper is claim to have two doctorate degrees from the same institution. As far as I can make out, Emmanuel College of Christian Studies hands out PhDs from another obscure unaccredited outfit, Cambridge Theological Seminary which also offers PhDs just for believing in Jesus. However, it refuses to award doctor of divinity degrees to anyone who is gay.

OK, I've gone about as far as I can go one this but it appears that the entire Emmanuel College of Christian Studies is a fundamentalist scam. There is no such university in Springdale, Arkansas and no campus anywhere. It appears to have no academic staff either. It's another European Theological Seminary, a diploma mill. Apparently Cooper, who can't travel to the USA because of ill health, is a "professor" in its "Cambridge Graduate School", which, needless to say, has nothing to do with Cambridge University. Apart from Cooper, the only person I can find on the entire Internet who has "graduated" from Emmanuel College of Christian Studies is a truck driver (in Finland, IIRC). So Cooper appears to be its only "academic" member of staff and has 2 diploma mill doctorate degrees awarded by the same institution. It looks likely that, in fact, he awarded them to himself.

"Dr" Bill Cooper has a lot of explaining to do.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Re: Genesis Expo Reopens

Postby Roger Stanyard » Fri May 31, 2013 6:36 pm

Cooper comes over as a rank amateur. Which he is. He is neither a scholar nor an historian. It is a ranting of someone well out of their depth.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Re: Bill Cooper

Postby Roger Stanyard » Fri May 31, 2013 6:43 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:Part Three draws the reader’s attention to a certain clay tablet which makes nonsense of the modernist claim that the Flood account found in Genesis is modelled on or derived from the Epic of Gilgamesh or any other proposed source. We call it here the Genesis Flood Tablet."

Oh I see. Cooper is aware of a clay tablet that no-one has heard of that "proves" that the Noachian global flood story is true. CSM is not going to tell you about it either.

It's called a scam. If such a clay tablet existed then the creationists would be shouting about it from the roof tops. It would be all over the Internet.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Previous

Return to Free For All