New book from Paul Taylor

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

New book from Paul Taylor

Postby Peter Henderson » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:07 pm

After catching the tail end of Paul Taylor spouting nonsense on Revelation TV, he announced he has a new book which will be available from tomorrow:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dont-Miss-the-B ... B00DHSBQ8M

Don't Miss the Boat [Kindle Edition]
Paul Taylor (Author)

Product Description

Here is your comprehensive guide to creationist thinking on the Flood in an easy-to-understand style!

- Get your facts and misunderstandings about the Flood straightened out!
- Study the history of the immediate post-Flood world, as well as modern considerations of the histories of earth sciences
- Real four fictional short stories that place the reader back in time just before the Flood - showing a world filled with non-belief and the few who reached out to save other with God's truth.

Don't Miss the Boat provides various perspectives on the biblical account of the Great Flood that speak to both the technical and scientific evidence we see around the world today. This book contains information for the layman who wants to know the basics, as well as the solid evidence that can be shared with anyone. Theological considerations, historical essays, and scientific implications are included, as well as fictional representations that convey the emotional power of God's judgment on a wicked pre-Flood world, rounding out this unique resource.

Wow.

How do people like this get away with it ?
Peter Henderson

Re: New book from Paul Taylor

Postby Brian Jordan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:30 am

Peter Henderson wrote:How do people like this get away with it ?
Easy: Amazon will let you self-publish anything legal, for a fee.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Michael » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:12 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:

It's publish by Master Books.
Michael

Postby Brian Jordan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Michael wrote:
Brian Jordan wrote:
It's publish by Master Books.
Don't tempt me, Michael! :twisted:
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:44 am

Taylor's explanation as to where the flood waters went ?

"Immediately after the flood the mountains (which were much lower in height before the flood) rose up rapidly. The flood waters are simply still here in the form of the oceans we see in the world today."

Now what the evidence for this is he didn't say,

To be honest, I think YECs just make this stuff up as they go along.
Peter Henderson

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:32 pm

http://justsixdays.com/j6db3/2013/06/do ... -the-boat/

I am chuffed – yes, that is definitely the word – chuffed to bits to receive copies of my new book, Don’t Miss the Boat today. And here it is! All 191 pages of it.

It’s a comprehensive, yet easy-to-read guide to the Flood. I am particularly pleased that it has been published by Master Books, who published The Six Days of Genesis some years ago. It is great to be working with them again.

I’ll be posting a few bits and pieces about the book and from the book over the next few weeks. Watch out, also, for media interviews about the book.

Where can you buy it? Get it direct from Master Books, or from, Amazon. Better still, visit www.creationstore.org, where you will be able to buy it direct from our ministry.

The book is in paperback, kindle and epub formats.

There is also a small group curriculum. This is in the form of 6 short 15-minute films (on 1 DVD, or mp4 download) together with study guide.
Peter Henderson

Postby Michael » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:[quote="Michael ]It's publish by Master Books.[/quote]Don't tempt me, Michael! :twisted:[/quote]

Too late I was tempted first. Their Master is Lucifer :twisted:
Michael

Postby Michael » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:Taylor's explanation as to where the flood waters went ?

"Immediately after the flood the mountains (which were much lower in height before the flood) rose up rapidly. The flood waters are simply still here in the form of the oceans we see in the world today."

Now what the evidence for this is he didn't say,

Did Noah and the animals have popping ears by gaining altitude too quickly
Michael

Postby cathy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Any clues as to how? Did God plant some magic mountain beans as per Jack in the Beanstalk?

Does this rapid mountain growing phenonomen explain why whenever I go near one they stop matching the maps after half an hour? And where is this intriguing fact mentioned in the Bible? Noah couldn't have failed to mention it, especially as he only managed to find a mountain after the flood waters started to recede.

Think? superflous word, you know they just make it up.
cathy

Postby Brian Jordan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:41 pm

cathy wrote: And where is this intriguing fact mentioned in the Bible? Noah couldn't have failed to mention it, especially as he only managed to find a mountain after the flood waters started to recede.
ISTR arguing with a creationist, here or on Premier, that a literal reading requires Noah to have "beached" on a hillside some meters below the water. Maybe the mountain then rose so quickly that they got above the water before they had to draw breath. Still doesn't explain how they got down beneath it safely in the first place.
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Return to Free For All