Open to question-does God exist ?

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Open to question-does God exist ?

Postby Peter Henderson » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:33 pm

This debate appeared on our church announcement leaflet this morning and was also flagged by Will Crawley on Facebook. The Courtyard theatre is just up the road from me:

http://www.glenabbey.org.uk/news/view/66

Glenabbey are pleased to host another Open to Question event, with an evening of discussion on the question, Does God Exist?

With Michael Nugent and Dr David Glass.

Date: Wednesday 9th October, 8pm

Venue: Courtyard Theatre, Ballyearl, Newtownabbey

Michael Nugent is chairperson of Atheist Ireland, an advocacy group for atheism, reason and ethical secularism. He is the author of several books and also chaired the peace group New Consensus, which campaigned against IRA and loyalist paramilitary terrorism.

David Glass is a scientist who has published in computer science, physics and philosophy. He is the author of Atheism’s New Clothes, which is a response to the New Atheism, and is also a contributor to the website saintsandsceptics.org

For further details contact:

Glenabbey Church: Tel: 028 9084 9600 Email: info@glenabbey.org.uk

I know Glenabbey church have pushed both YECism (I think) and Intelligent design in the past so I wondered about Dr. David Glass.

Seems he's an intelligent design creationist:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/news/des ... vid-glass/

I might take a wee trundle up if the event is free and circumstances permit.
Peter Henderson

Re: Open to question-does God exist ?

Postby Peter Henderson » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Still, who am I to argue with people who have multiple degrees and who have written books.
Peter Henderson

Return to Free For All