A creationist chronology

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

A creationist chronology

Postby Brian Jordan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:33 pm

This is beyond me - I can't decide whether it's a poe or a "refinement" of YEC hypotheses.
As a quick history of modern mankind, Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden in 4267 BC. Cain had married his younger sister (instead of his older sister as Abelhad done), and later murdered Abel in 4138 BC. Enoch was taken up to Heaven in3280 BC, and will return to Earth and be one of the two witnesses which will testifyagainst the anti-Christ in Jerusalem. The flood of Noah was in 2611 BC, the divisionof languages and land masses of Earth were in 2509 BC, and the calling of Abram (Abraham) was in 2243 BC, when he was 75 years old.

Isaac was born in 2218 BC, one year after the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.Jacob was born in 2158, and married Leah and Rachel in 2075 BC. Both Levi andJudah were born in 2072 BC, Joseph in 2068 BC, and Israel as a family moved toEgypt in 2028 BC.

CONTINUED IN PART TWO – READ MORE, CLICK HERE
If you dare!
http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/the-truth-of-genesis-both-evolution-and-the-trinity-are-false-75165/
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Re: A creationist chronology

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:50 am

Brian Jordan wrote:This is beyond me - I can't decide whether it's a poe or a "refinement" of YEC hypotheses.
As a quick history of modern mankind, Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden in 4267 BC. Cain had married his younger sister (instead of his older sister as Abelhad done), and later murdered Abel in 4138 BC. Enoch was taken up to Heaven in3280 BC, and will return to Earth and be one of the two witnesses which will testifyagainst the anti-Christ in Jerusalem. The flood of Noah was in 2611 BC, the divisionof languages and land masses of Earth were in 2509 BC, and the calling of Abram (Abraham) was in 2243 BC, when he was 75 years old.

Isaac was born in 2218 BC, one year after the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.Jacob was born in 2158, and married Leah and Rachel in 2075 BC. Both Levi andJudah were born in 2072 BC, Joseph in 2068 BC, and Israel as a family moved toEgypt in 2028 BC.

CONTINUED IN PART TWO – READ MORE, CLICK HERE
If you dare!
http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/the-truth-of-genesis-both-evolution-and-the-trinity-are-false-75165/

I was going to say that I think this is genuine but that the writer is decidedly confused. THEN I noticed who the writer was. He's some sort of Christian crank who I have seen complaining online previously that Ken Ham does not take him seriously and won't debate him.

Just did a quick google search. One of the results: http://sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com ... -progress/
a_haworthroberts

Re: A creationist chronology

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:58 am

Thanks again Ashley. The Curmudgeon has an interesting link to Snelling's "Super fast ice age", putting it at around 105 years from start to finish! I read the paper as suggesting around 150 years but with the fundamental error being gigantic in comparison, who's going to bother about another 45 years? Besides offering a potted account, with dates, of human history - fine pickings for anyone wanting a bit of fun - Snelling also makes a curious admission about radiocarbon dating. Apparently it's not exactly wrong, just needing a substantial fiddle-factor applying to get suitable YEC numbers!
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v8/n2/ice-age-biblical-history
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Return to Free For All