Darwin impersonator visiting England

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Darwin impersonator visiting England

Postby Brian Jordan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:11 pm

ShaunJohnston wrote:Now we've put each other down,there really is no reason for further posts.
Thank you and goodnight. I hope it's not too painful cutting off the Darwinesque beard and replacing it with the creationist blinkers.
(Sorry, but just watched another load of tripe on the box and fighting off a further even worse load. At least the first was just infuriating but the second looks like pseudoscientific nonsense. They talk the talk but are just parroting facile oversimplifiers. Grrrrr!)
So once again, goodnight.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:29 pm

ShaunJohnston wrote:I didn't realize it wasn't OK to voice one's opinions. They are based on reading Huxley, Singer, Maynard Smith, Schrodinger, Charles and Erasmus Darwin, and plenty more, so l feel I'm informed. But l accept personal opinions aren't ok here. It's hard to know beforehand where they're Ok. I started asking only for tips on how to arrange my talks, but I got involved in conversation and fell into giving my opinions.

As any journalist will tell you, opinion is cheap, facts are sacred - or, in your case, evidence of you understanding evolutionary biology.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby psiloiordinary » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Pride in ones own arrogance (I didn't think it possible) combined with determined and deliberate ignorance.

Good luck.
psiloiordinary

Previous

Return to Free For All