Over-zealous posters/spammers

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Over-zealous posters/spammers

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:40 pm

Just to add - as an afterthought I had today, after an email exchange with Brian late last night (my reply was in the early hours).

I plan to try and stop sending - as emails copied to anti-creationist bloggers, participants in debates elsewhere, and other young earth creationists - responses/comments/questions that I might want to raise about new articles on the AiG and CMI websites or other topical issues like the Ham-Nye debate. I agree that whilst some recipients do respond to my messages and don't attack me for sending them, technically I am spamming people even if the topic may be of interest (my emails may be being blocked in some places in fact).

I still plan to send my PERSONAL comments, via their websites, to AiG and CMI about any new website articles I disagree with. They might be read, who knows. CMI never publish or refute my comments, and AiG do not even allow critical comments on specific articles. I do not consider that would be spamming - I think spamming would be pro-actively contacting websites because I felt like it and saying the same thing over and over without backing up what I say eg "you are spreading misinformation" or "you are enemies of science".

Since I know my messages will NOT appear on the websites concerned, and given that I'm not very keen on starting a blog, I still plan to post SOME not all of them here under 'Conversations with Creationists'. I will try to cut back on the volume but if I break no community forum rules then anybody who considers that to be spamming would I think be widening the definition of that term.
a_haworthroberts

Previous

Return to Free For All