UKIP pledges to ban climate change lessons.

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

UKIP pledges to ban climate change lessons.

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:37 pm

Yep, it's now official policy:

http://www.indexoncensorship.org/2014/0 ... -platform/

The UK Independence Party has promised it will ban the teaching of climate change in schools, if elected in May next year.

The party’s 2010 manifesto included a pledge to ban Al Gore’s Oscar-winning global warming documentary An Inconvenient Truth from schools.

But this week UKIP Education spokesman MEP Derek Clark has said the party will go even further. Clark told Index on Censorship:

We will still ban Al Gore’s video for use in schools if I’ve got anything to do with it. I will not have much opposition within the party. It is, of course, not just this video which needs banning; all teaching of global warming being caused in any way by carbon dioxide emissions must also be banned. It just is not happening.”
Peter Henderson

Re: UKIP pledges to ban climate change lessons.

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:40 pm

More loonieness from UKIP:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... riage-ukip

A UK Independence party (Ukip) councillor has claimed that Britain's recent storms and floods are "divine retribution for the government's decision to legalise gay marriage.

David Silvester, who defected from the Tories in protest at David Cameron's support for same-sex unions, claimed he had warned the prime minister that the legislation would result in "disasters".

The Henley-on-Thames councillor said that the country had been "beset by storms" since the passage of the new law on gay marriage because Cameron had acted "arrogantly against the Gospel".
Peter Henderson

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:45 pm

Peter Henderson

Postby jon_12091 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:06 pm

Scary and stupid in equal measure...
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

Postby cathy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:55 pm

Well - according to UKIP councillor David Silvestor, the recent floods were a result of legalising gay marriage. So I guess we needn't worry about carbon emissions.

Which is bizarre cos one of our two local UKIP councillors, elected last May :( happens to be my Zumba instructor Mr J. Mr J is most definitely gay. Wonder what he makes of David Silvestor

I guess I should feel guilty supporting the business of a UKIP member, but he is the very best at returning your cake hips to their pre Christmas state. The alternative is no chocolate.

But gay marriage and flooding aside, this is a worrying development given UKIPs growing popularity. Which is beyond comprehension.
cathy

Return to Free For All