Report on Tas Walker's Giant's Causeway field trip

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Report on Tas Walker's Giant's Causeway field trip

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:39 am

Stephen Moreton may be interested in this:

http://www.creationoutreachministries.c ... n-ireland/
Peter Henderson

Re: Report on Tas Walker's Giant's Causeway field trip

Postby Roger Stanyard » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:46 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:Stephen Moreton may be interested in this:

A quick head count from the pictures show that there were only about 30 people on the "guided tour" including children. At least two of the pople appeared to have been professional creationist woo peddlers - Philip Bell and Tas Walker. It's not much of an achievement even though Walker is bragging that a lot came for the Republic of Ireland.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Steve660 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:17 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:Stephen Moreton may be interested in this:

Thanks, though it doesn't add to the crap on creation.com. No doubt Walker told his standards fibs, and ignored the reams of contrary evidence, as usual. I hope to visit Antrim when the weather gets warmer. High on the agenda is a visit to the quarry where Angus Kennedy works. It has good zeolites and other minerals. Maybe I'll be shown the altered bands he thinks are not the result of weathering. Should be interesting.
Steve660

Postby Peter Henderson » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:03 pm

A quick head count from the pictures show that there were only about 30 people on the "guided tour" including children.

Indeed Roger, that seems to be about it. Walker claimed two of the group were professional geologists so I wonder who they were ? The Belfast geologists should have had a presence there, in my opinion. No point in ignoring these things. They aren't simply going to go away. Snelling's coming to Belfast in September for example. As you say, quite a few children there as well, who I doubt would have had a clue about Walker's claims.

I hope to visit Antrim when the weather gets warmer. High on the agenda is a visit to the quarry where Angus Kennedy works.

If you give me a shout nearer the time Steve we can meet up and I'll take you a run up to the place by car. Some remote areas in Co. Antrim can be quite difficult to get to by public transport.
Peter Henderson

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:
A quick head count from the pictures show that there were only about 30 people on the "guided tour" including children.

Indeed Roger, that seems to be about it. Walker claimed two of the group were professional geologists so I wonder who they were ? The Belfast geologists should have had a presence there, in my opinion. No point in ignoring these things. They aren't simply going to go away. Snelling's coming to Belfast in September for example. As you say, quite a few children there as well, who I doubt would have had a clue about Walker's claims.

Presumably one of the two was Angus Kennedy who is a pretty lowly creature on the scale of professional geologists.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Return to Free For All