Ken Ham, professional science denier promoting lies

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Ken Ham, professional science denier promoting lies

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:24 pm

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken- ... g-extinct/
Any excuse to bash science in order to promote his brand of Bible literalism. The simple answer is probably that world temperatures have not been 3.8 F (around 2.5 C) higher than today within the last 10 million years.
"This is very inconsistent." That is deliberate dogma designed solely to confuse and promote false scepticism.
This article is full of lies. "Those who believe in catastrophic, man-made climate change usually start with an evolutionary view of the past." Evolution is totally irrelevant. What is relevant is the proven age of the Earth - which is definitely not just 6,000 years! "So even minor climate change, they argue, is alarming and probably man-made". Liar. They do not, I repeat not, believe it is alarming simply because Earth is not just 6,000 years old. They believe it is alarming because it is provably (from evidence and from direct measurement) caused by humanity and not 'natural' (or related to any fictional 'worldwide flood'), and because the speed of temperature rise that has already occurred, around 1 Celsius in just 100 years, is almost unprecedented in known Earth history. And the fraud still hasn't finished. He admits that "climate change is real" but then tries to eat again the cake he's just swallowed - "but whether it's primarily man-made or natural cycles of climate is an entirely different issue". Oh no it isn't. And the rest of the paragraph following this agenda-driven blatant falsehood is total hogwash that brings shame on Christianity. It is an insult to intelligence - but his bigoted fans will doubtless swallow it without question even though it abuses or misuses Genesis 1:31 and apart from speculation that God has 'cursed' the climate (only when there is artificial warming or previously too when there was some natural cooling during the 'little ice age'?) not one iota of the rest of the remarks can be supported from Genesis and indeed are contradicted by Genesis notably Genesis 8:22.

This man is a liar and an extremist.

His oft repeated claim to 'love' science is a hypocritical disgusting lie.

If he was really a lover of science he would stop his lying and address this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-42736397

If.
a_haworthroberts

'Biblical' creationists deliberately pushing lies (again)

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:18 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2018/01/29/chocolate-going-extinct/
Any excuse to bash science in order to promote his brand of Bible literalism. The simple answer is probably that world temperatures have not been 3.8 F (around 2.5 C) higher than today within the last 10 million years.
"This is very inconsistent." That is deliberate dogma designed solely to confuse and promote false scepticism.
This article is full of lies. "Those who believe in catastrophic, man-made climate change usually start with an evolutionary view of the past." Evolution is totally irrelevant. What is relevant is the proven age of the Earth - which is definitely not just 6,000 years! "So even minor climate change, they argue, is alarming and probably man-made". Liar. They do not, I repeat not, believe it is alarming simply because Earth is not just 6,000 years old. They believe it is alarming because it is provably (from evidence and from direct measurement) caused by humanity and not 'natural' (or related to any fictional 'worldwide flood'), and because the speed of temperature rise that has already occurred, around 1 Celsius in just 100 years, is almost unprecedented in known Earth history. And the fraud still hasn't finished. He admits that "climate change is real" but then tries to eat again the cake he's just swallowed - "but whether it's primarily man-made or natural cycles of climate is an entirely different issue". Oh no it isn't. And the rest of the paragraph following this agenda-driven blatant falsehood is total hogwash that brings shame on Christianity. It is an insult to intelligence - but his bigoted fans will doubtless swallow it without question even though it abuses or misuses Genesis 1:31 and apart from speculation that God has 'cursed' the climate (only when there is artificial warming or previously too when there was some natural cooling during the 'little ice age'?) not one iota of the rest of the remarks can be supported from Genesis and indeed are contradicted by Genesis notably Genesis 8:22.

If.

As it happens I don't particularly disagree with bigot Bob Sorensen's latest blog post here:
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2018/06 ... ation.html
(Other solutions to the faint (formerly) young sun paradox have been put forward: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3153&p=51111&hilit=faint#p51111)

But because I made the above post dated 30 January, bigot Bob has chosen to refute me. How did he do that? By flagging the post and making a false allegation against me. His words: "If you dare to think for yourself, you are a liar and a "science denier" because evolution." He is portraying me as calling Ken Ham (and him) a liar and a science denier because of evolution. Except that in this instance I called Ken Ham those things because I was able easily to demonstrate exactly how Ham was ONCE AGAIN deliberately lying and deceiving people about climate change (I never even argued from an evolutionary standpoint liar Sorensen, I explained that belief or otherwise in evolution was irrelevant - contrary to Ham's bigoted claim). I explained that climatologists do not believe that current climate change/warming is alarming simply because Earth is not just 6,000 years old but (regardless of whether Earth is 'young') because it is provably (from evidence and from direct measurement) caused by humanity (altering the atmosphere) and therefore it is not 'natural' (or related to any fictional 'worldwide flood'); also the speed of temperature rise that has already occurred is almost unprecedented in known Earth history. Ham also used a verse from Genesis 1 that is not appropriate to the argument because (a) humans have unhelpfully altered the atmosphere and (b) God's curse of his creation in Genesis 3 which Ham even mentioned and said included cursing the climate. And he ignored Genesis 8:22 which implies that post-flood the climate should be benign and unchanging (except seasonally). (Apparently that's all OK by bigot Bob despite him considering himself a 'biblical' creationist.) And Ham also ignored the reality that 2017 was the warmest year recorded when there was no El Niño taking place which again suggests that the warming is not 'natural'.

So Ham lies about the observational science of climate change (pretending global warming is natural and related to something in the Bible and then something that 'biblical' creationists like him INVENTED), makes a big issue of something that the Bible says nothing against as Genesis 8:22 'assumes' that God fully controls the climate and rules out him causing an 'ice age' or serious global warming but we do know that humans have recently altered the atmosphere (Ham even admits God's curse following original sin extended to the climate), and misuses or ignores relevant Bible verses to push his reality denial opinions as 'fact' (which can have political ramifications).

And I call Sorensen a liar because he is a compulsive liar and I have proven that many times on this forum and elsewhere - and he still continues to deny it which rather proves my point.
a_haworthroberts

Re: 'Biblical' creationists deliberately pushing lies (again

Postby MisterGordons » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:16 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2018/01/29/chocolate-going-extinct/

If.

Ashley Haworth-Roberts is the extremist. He is an ideologue. He continually rails against Ken Ham and others with unsubstantiated allegations and repeated assertions. Ashley Haworth-Roberts believes that if someone does not embrace his view of science that person is a liar.

As it happens I don't particularly disagree with bigot Bob Sorensen's latest blog post here:
(Other solutions to the faint (formerly) young sun paradox have been put forward: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3153&p=51111&hilit=faint#p51111)

But because I made the above post dated 30 January, bigot Bob has chosen to refute me. How did he do that? By flagging the post and making a false allegation against me. His words: "If you dare to think for yourself, you are a liar and a "science denier" because evolution." He is portraying me as calling Ken Ham (and him) a liar and a science denier because of evolution. Except that in this instance I called Ken Ham those things because I was able easily to demonstrate exactly how Ham was ONCE AGAIN deliberately lying and deceiving people about climate change (I never even argued from an evolutionary standpoint liar Sorensen, I explained that belief or otherwise in evolution was irrelevant - contrary to Ham's bigoted claim). I explained that climatologists do not believe that current climate change/warming is alarming simply because Earth is not just 6,000 years old but (regardless of whether Earth is 'young') because it is provably (from evidence and from direct measurement) caused by humanity (altering the atmosphere) and therefore it is not 'natural' (or related to any fictional 'worldwide flood'); also the speed of temperature rise that has already occurred is almost unprecedented in known Earth history. Ham also used a verse from Genesis 1 that is not appropriate to the argument because (a) humans have unhelpfully altered the atmosphere and (b) God's curse of his creation in Genesis 3 which Ham even mentioned and said included cursing the climate. And he ignored Genesis 8:22 which implies that post-flood the climate should be benign and unchanging (except seasonally). (Apparently that's all OK by bigot Bob despite him considering himself a 'biblical' creationist.) And Ham also ignored the reality that 2017 was the warmest year recorded when there was no El Niño taking place which again suggests that the warming is not 'natural'.

So Ham lies about the observational science of climate change (pretending global warming is natural and related to something in the Bible and then something that 'biblical' creationists like him INVENTED), makes a big issue of something that the Bible says nothing against as Genesis 8:22 'assumes' that God fully controls the climate and rules out him causing an 'ice age' or serious global warming but we do know that humans have recently altered the atmosphere (Ham even admits God's curse following original sin extended to the climate), and misuses or ignores relevant Bible verses to push his reality denial opinions as 'fact' (which can have political ramifications).

And I call Sorensen a liar because he is a compulsive liar and I have proven that many times on this forum and elsewhere - and he still continues to deny it which rather proves my point.

Ashley Haworth-Roberts has never demonstrated a lie by the meat machine known as Cowboy Bob Sorensen. This is another dishonest claim and repeated assertion that does not create facts. 'I have proven that many times on this forum and elsewhere' is an absolutely false statement.

'and he still continues to deny it which rather proves my point.' This proves Sorensen's point that Ashley Haworth Roberts cannot think logically. The challenge was made to show why Sorensen is wrong about the logical fallacies here https://www.facebook.com/93201535682903 ... 5301183034. Since Ashley Haworth-Roberts continues to deny that he made logical fallacies and ignores the challenge that rather proves my point.
MisterGordons

Re: 'Biblical' creationists deliberately pushing lies (again

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:08 pm

MisterGordons wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:

If.

Ashley Haworth-Roberts is the extremist. He is an ideologue. He continually rails against Ken Ham and others with unsubstantiated allegations and repeated assertions. Ashley Haworth-Roberts believes that if someone does not embrace his view of science that person is a liar.

Ashley Haworth-Roberts has never demonstrated a lie by the meat machine known as Cowboy Bob Sorensen. This is another dishonest claim and repeated assertion that does not create facts. 'I have proven that many times on this forum and elsewhere' is an absolutely false statement.

'and he still continues to deny it which rather proves my point.' This proves Sorensen's point that Ashley Haworth Roberts cannot think logically. The challenge was made to show why Sorensen is wrong about the logical fallacies here https://www.facebook.com/93201535682903 ... 5301183034. Since Ashley Haworth-Roberts continues to deny that he made logical fallacies and ignores the challenge that rather proves my point.

LIAR.
a_haworthroberts

Return to Free For All