Rabble rouser Ken Ham and his biased Facebook fans

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Ken Ham loses it again

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:25 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/c ... -1.4392300
He's raving on his Facebook page in response to this article:
"Oh wow! What an enormous problem! A biblical creationist is going to speak at a Christian Homeschool Conference in Canada! And one person complained and it's headline news as this person wants to force his anti-creationist views on everyone else! What an absurd article. So they claim "He [Ken Ham] denies the age of the earth." Let me be clear! The earth has an age! I have an age! I don't deny the age of the earth, but I do reject the religion of millions of years and evolutionary naturalism.
I love the photo they chose (not)--they really wanted me to look “good”
for this attack article!! They claim I'm a "science denier"--typical false rhetoric used by those intolerant of biblical creationists in order to try to intimidate them and undermine their integrity.
Now, watch out for the “but”: “Alberta Liberal leader David Khan says people have freedom of religion, but ..." And if you read his statement he's basically saying there's no freedom of religion for biblical creationists--typical intolerance."

NO answers there Ken. Just denials. No convincing answers to the charge by local parent Paul Ens that "Ken's material is so anti-science, anti-education, his entire ministry is based upon keeping people back and holding back ideas". Ens was raised a young earth creationist but then investigated 'secular' takes on the history of the planet. And guess what the outcome was.
He has a YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIS4cW ... jwovFYQBJQ

But Ken has something to crow about (when he's not complaining about churches being half empty because they are failing to teach young earth creationist apologetics and therefore 'undermining' the Bible):
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/cancellat ... zh3vh.html (the Christian author of this sounds much much more tolerant than Ken Ham ever does)
Ham says on his Facebook:
"Atheist "Reason to Hope" conference became hopeless and was cancelled. Ultimately, what's the point of such a conference because what's the message? "Become an atheist, give yourself meaning and purpose. Then die and you'll never know you existed. That's it folks."
No wonder the atheist conference was cancelled. They BELIEVE there's no God; They BELIEVE life and universe arose by natural processes. Their religion is one without ultimate hope and purpose. It's ultimately a meaningless religion. Their religion has no Reason to Hope.
But there is Reason to Hope for atheists and everyone: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). Only Christianity has that sure hope everyone needs."
This somewhat invalidates Ham's claim that atheism is a 'religion' where people feel compelled to attend places of worship and teaching conventions and the like as otherwise the supernatural God they follow will regard them as half-hearted and lukewarm or perhaps even not 'real' believers."

Ham also has a habit of saying if 'atheists' think they will one day be dead forever why do they spend time in the here and now attacking young earth creationist claims (yes some of them attack any and all theistic religions). Truth matters - in the here and now of them and also of their descendants and future generations.
a_haworthroberts

Latest recruit to AiG

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:53 am

a_haworthroberts

Previous

Return to Conversations with Creationists