Rabble rouser Ken Ham and his biased Facebook fans

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Rabble rouser Ken Ham and his biased Facebook fans

Postby cathy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:04 am

That is why they so intimidate Christians into believing their billions of years--
Yeah we often get it round here, gangs of rogue geologists gone bad loitering outside churches intimidating christians with huge great lumps igneous rock. Just standing therer jeering 'how old is this rock then you christians?' till the christians succumb and say 'however old is needed for secularism to exist - now please don't kill my kitten'. :evil:

Thats only cos they in turn have been bullied by secularists! Thousands of them, led by Richard Dawkins, terrorising local rocks into lying about their ages in tests! :evil: :evil:

What we really see tho is creationists like Paul Taylor, Marc, Bell. Ken, Steve Lloyd and Garner intimidating christians every day! Bullying them into believing their drivel. They are bullies - subtle but bullies ninetheless. No different to the kids subtly bullying their peers to nick stuff and worse. Ken Hams whole piece is just intimidation. Believe our crap or you're not a good christian. And all the other creationists are just the same. They are the real bullies.

The people believing that stuff must be morons. :evil:

and sadly most of our Christian academics have succumbed to their bullying.
Ah the weaknesses some people have for facts. Why - every good christian should know they only need Ken :evil: to enlighten them - and Ken says factphobia is next to Godliness.

The secularists just can't allow a young earth/universe. They have to have time--without all that incomprehensible amount of time they can't postulate evolution--they just have to have billions of years.
"The Secularists"! Who exactly are these secularists and their time? Secularism doesn't actually need an ancient Earth nor indeed any scientific theories at all. Neither does Atheism nor belief - Ken keeps forgetting to tell his worshippers that Christianity doesn't actually need a 6000 year old Earth either.

You see, if you believe in a young universe (thousands of years), the secularist will call you anti-science, anti-academic, anti-intellectual etc. And sadly, so many Christian leaders/academics have given into the world as they don't want to be scoffed at this way in such an educated society.
Not just the secularists - anyone capable of thinking their way out of a paper bag. Cos how anyone could believe creation s@@@ is beyond all comprehension.

Could Ken be deliberately trying to confuse science with secularism with atheism. Cos that would be dishonest really.
cathy

Postby Roger Stanyard » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:19 am

cathy wrote:
That is why they so intimidate Christians into believing their billions of years--
Yeah we often get it round here, gangs of rogue geologists gone bad loitering outside churches intimidating christians with huge great lumps igneous rock. Just standing therer jeering 'how old is this rock then you christians?' till the christians succumb and say 'however old is needed for secularism to exist - now please don't kill my kitten'. :evil:

Thats only cos they in turn have been bullied by secularists! Thousands of them, led by Richard Dawkins, terrorising local rocks into lying about their ages in tests! :evil: :evil:

It's just fraud, Cathy, and he knows it. A combination of bogus rhetoric and deliberate and knowing deception playing on the fundamentalist martyrdom complex.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:56 pm

I suspect that some Christians embrace YEC-ism in good faith, but then discover the problems - but they dare not back down either because of fear of God or fear of losing face and 'letting the side down'.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Some nonsense from Ham on global warming:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... -worldview

Those who reject the Bible cannot truly understand how climate change fits into the real history of the earth, including the biblical timeline over six thousand years and God’s judgment during the Flood. Climate change is normal in an abnormal world. Until people are prepared to accept why this world is abnormal—because of sin—they will not be able to properly understand climate change and respond appropriately

Why, as a Christian, do I not believe any of this crap and his contant misinterpretation and distortion of scripture ???????????????????

Personally, I have no time for Atheists who constantly have a go at Christians who accept science and tell us the YECs have "kind of got it right".
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:15 am

Ironically, I believe Ham is selectively using the Bible to 'support' some parts of science that he (partly) agrees with. That there has been at least Ice Age glaciation in the past. See my post earlier this evening in another thread, regarding climate.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:01 am

That there has been at least Ice Age glaciation in the past

They'd have to Ashley since there is so much visble evidence for it, but they don't believe in multiple ice ages.

The misinterpretation of Job for example, is the type of thing you get from the nutters on Premier, who frequently follow Ken Ham by quoting 2nd Peter.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:52 pm

It all shows that the infallible Bible doesn't contain a complete and scientific history of the Earth. YECs wish to argue that it DOES.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri May 04, 2012 9:52 pm

Ken Ham on Facebook today:
"Hundreds more kids pouring into the auditorium to hear the truth from God's Word about Dinosaurs...".

That shouldn't take long.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Fri May 04, 2012 10:24 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:Ken Ham on Facebook today:
"Hundreds more kids pouring into the auditorium to hear the truth from God's Word about Dinosaurs...".

I see they're telling lies about dinosaurs on their website today Ashley.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri May 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:Ken Ham on Facebook today:

I see they're telling lies about dinosaurs on their website today Ashley.

Ah yes, behemoth in Job 40 is clearly a long-necked brachiosaurus.

Well it HAD to be if the Bible is God's Word and God 'never lies' and knows everything. Didn't it?

And that's how to do 'creation science'.
a_haworthroberts

Postby marcsurtees » Sat May 05, 2012 9:46 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:It all shows that the infallible Bible doesn't contain a complete and scientific history of the Earth. YECs wish to argue that it DOES.

Not this one.
I agree 100% that the Bible does not contain a complete and scientific history of the Earth
Marc

Postby cathy » Sat May 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Not this one.
I agree 100% that the Bible does not contain a complete and scientific history of the EarthMarc
If it isn't scientific history why do you distort, mangle and lie about science to try and shoehorn some utterly ridiculous scientific explanation into it? You can just be like a normal christian and accept the specific way your god did it isn't recorded and therefore can only be discovered by science not creationism. And that way would appear to be evolution over billions of years.

If even an unbelieving idiot like me can see that particular pert of the bible is unlikely to be meant to be literal. Its just too vague.

If you're being honest with that statement ditch the creation pseudoscience crap and lying and be honest. Just imagine how much better life will be. You can fully enjoy real science again, you can have a God that might actually be cleverer than sobbing sylv and her mates and you won't have to lie, distort or con people any more. And you'll stop putting people off.

Then again you doing that would be a bona fide miracle - so it won't happen. I can predict your answer will be, Genesis is not science but I'm still going to have to try make the science fit my conception of it even tho it doesn't, therefore even tho I'm claiming otherwise I'm still trying hard to .
cathy

Postby Michael » Sat May 05, 2012 12:32 pm

cathy wrote:
Not this one.
I agree 100% that the Bible does not contain a complete and scientific history of the EarthMarc
If it isn't scientific history why do you distort, mangle and lie about science to try and shoehorn some utterly ridiculous scientific explanation into it? You can just be like a normal christian and accept the specific way your god did it isn't recorded and therefore can only be discovered by science not creationism. And that way would appear to be evolution over billions of years.

If even an unbelieving idiot like me can see that particular pert of the bible is unlikely to be meant to be literal. Its just too vague.

If you're being honest with that statement ditch the creation pseudoscience crap and lying and be honest. Just imagine how much better life will be. You can fully enjoy real science again, you can have a God that might actually be cleverer than sobbing sylv and her mates and you won't have to lie, distort or con people any more. And you'll stop putting people off.

Then again you doing that would be a bona fide miracle - so it won't happen. I can predict your answer will be, Genesis is not science but I'm still going to have to try make the science fit my conception of it even tho it doesn't, therefore even tho I'm claiming otherwise I'm still trying hard to .

Fair point Cathy. He cut the ground from under his feet
Michael

Postby cathy » Sat May 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Fair point Cathy. He cut the ground from under his feet

Well another point is why is there nothing remotely 'good' christian on ANY creationist website at all? I know a lot of atheists, who quite happily say they think there is a lot that is good and admirable about christianity - like charity and compassion and being nice to people and involvement in things like feeding the homeless, fair trade or getting rid of third world debt. And from what I remember of it that was true. But not only would you never pick up anything remotely good about christianity from any creationist site you'll very often pick up things that are extremely unpleasant.

Eg today CMI has yet another piece of hate filled bile on its site. Their third purely hate filled rant in less than a week.Following on from its Breivik lies, it moved to accusing acceptance of evolution for yet more nazi attrocities and today evolution is responsible for homesexuality which they make clear they hate. Oh and just to make sure they pressed home their point, they've made sure that that is conflated with rape and coercion lest anyone remain unconvinced :evil: . Again just too vile to be coherent about.

And the others really aren't that different, Marcs edinburgh lot have said much the same in their fruits of evolution talks, AiG do their compromising christian stuff, the question evolution campaign Ashley found was downright Abu Hamza in tone if not content and so on. And then there is Anderson and his 'loving humanity' blogs and behaviour. Isn't all of that supposed to be the antithesis of christianity?

And even when they are not being especially nasty - they are never being nice. I don't know any non creationist christians like that. To be honest even creationist acquaintance mum, mad and scientifically illiterate tho she is, will say she knows lots of nice, good atheists and what you believe about evolution is irrelevant - rather than parroting the unpleasant line taken by creationists.

Why is that? If Marc is around can he answer why creationists are not allowed to be nice and why can they never be honest and do they genuinely not see their peers behaviour is bad or do they just feel their own are above criticism? Is it because they only really 'do' the first bit of the old testament? It is something that is puzzling me.
cathy

Postby Michael » Sat May 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Creationists do play at being nice when it suits them and always show their victim card
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists