Rabble rouser Ken Ham and his biased Facebook fans

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Rabble rouser Ken Ham and his biased Facebook fans

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat May 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Lucy is definitely not only just another gorrilla (judging by the photo he Ham's on Facebook today), but also a God who is worshiped by human secularists:

At 9 am this morning, I open the new high tech 'Lucy' exhibit to the public at the Creation Museum.

First I will read Romans 1: 23: “and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.”

Really, the bones of this creature we have reconstructed the model of we believe is more like the REAL Lucy to be in ...this glass case, are worshipped by the secularists. This creature in a sense is supposedly a part of what made them. They worship the creature instead of the Creator who made all creatures.

Then I will read Psalm 100:

Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the LORD, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.

We pray that the new Lucy exhibit will help lead many away from the false religion of evolution and its worship of the creature, to the true God of creation and salvation--the Lord Jesus Christ.

Here is a photo of one of the secularist's 'gods' that they really worship:

Are there any "secularist" anthropologists qualified to comment on this bullshit ?

I'm beginning to think Ham is bordering on the mentally insane.
Peter Henderson

Postby cathy » Sat May 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Beginning and think Peter? I'd have said forgone conclusion that happened a long time ago.

Anyway best go and pray to the Lucy shrine by the microwave, may even sacrifice one of the kids to her metatarsal for a Radley bag and some new shoes.

If anyone takes Ken seriously after reading that crap they are also completely mentally insane.
cathy

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat May 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:
Quoting King King Ken (KKK): "
Really, the bones of this creature we have reconstructed the model of we believe is more like the REAL Lucy to be in ...this glass case, are worshipped by the secularists. This creature in a sense is supposedly a part of what made them. They worship the creature instead of the Creator who made all creatures."

The man is a complete blaggard and bounder.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat May 26, 2012 8:47 pm

They are all totally nuts:

At 9.15 am this morning, Dr. Menton and I opened the new Lucy exhibit. People began pouring into the Creation Museum on this fifth anniversary weekend at 9 am. We read he Scriptures I mentioned in my previous post and then both talked about the exhibit and Dr. Menton prayed a prayer of dedication. The Lucy exhibit is now on public display. We pray that this exhibit will lead both young and old to the truth of God's Word and the gospel.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat May 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:Lucy is definitely not only just another gorrilla (judging by the photo he Ham's on Facebook today), but also a God who is worshiped by human secularists:

At 9 am this morning, I open the new high tech 'Lucy' exhibit to the public at the Creation Museum.

First I will read Romans 1: 23: “and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.”

Really, the bones of this creature we have reconstructed the model of we believe is more like the REAL Lucy to be in ...this glass case, are worshipped by the secularists. This creature in a sense is supposedly a part of what made them. They worship the creature instead of the Creator who made all creatures.

Then I will read Psalm 100:

Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the LORD, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.

We pray that the new Lucy exhibit will help lead many away from the false religion of evolution and its worship of the creature, to the true God of creation and salvation--the Lord Jesus Christ.

Here is a photo of one of the secularist's 'gods' that they really worship:

Are there any "secularist" anthropologists qualified to comment on this bullshit ?

I've just reacted on the other Ham thread.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Mon May 28, 2012 3:01 pm

From his blog today:

http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs ... Ken+Ham%29

We are receiving rave reviews about the new Lucy exhibit at the Creation Museum. Here are some photographs of the exhibit and of people enthralled with what AiG’s talented artists, fabricators, sculptors, and researchers did in producing an exhibit equal to or better in quality and professionalism with anything anywhere in the world. People are amazed at the holographic images, which really help to clearly illustrate that this was a creature in the Ape family (of which humans are not a member)

Lucy is now “preaching” every day at the Creation Museum. The signage explains that the bones of this creature, used by evolutionists for so long now as evidence of man’s evolutionary ancestry, show this creature had nothing to do with any such supposed evolutionary past.

I’ve seen secularists condemning the exhibit in their blogs and in chat rooms. In fact, some have really gone ballistic over what we have done with Lucy at the Creation Museum. And they haven’t even visited and read the signs! I’ve seen emotional secular blogs blasting the exhibit and what it teaches, but we do something that I don’t usually see at secular museums. We actually include the documentation of articles written about Lucy with the signs—and the articles documented are from secular sources! The secularists just hate the fact that we are able to produce an exhibit of such quality and that we are able to tell the truth about Lucy and help put a stop to the evolutionary indoctrination going on in the world.

I've seen nothing on any science blogs or websites yet. Anyone else read any comments ?

From the press release:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... ws-release

Through the scientific research of the Creation Museum’s Dr. David Menton (PhD, biology, Brown University) and the artistic talents of Doug Henderson and his crew, the museum has created a stunning holographic refutation of Lucy. (The technical name for this Lucy creature found in Africa is Australopithecus afarensis.)

“An imagination-rich artist can have a very powerful influence over what the viewer concludes about the evidence presented,” Menton observed. “That is one reason why our Lucy exhibit is placed in an area of the museum that demonstrates to visitors that a person’s starting point, or bias, influences their views.”

“Ultimately, with this excellent display, we want to show museum guests, once and for all, that this knuckle-walking creature needs to be discarded as a ‘missing link’ in human evolution,” Menton concluded
Peter Henderson

Postby Brian Jordan » Mon May 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:From his blog today:

Here are some photographs of the exhibit and of people enthralled with what AiG’s talented artists, fabricators, sculptors, and researchers did

Fabricators? Ken Ham is the biggest fabricator of all!
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Brian Jordan » Mon May 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Looking at the pictures, I see Lucy was adept at preparing and applying a very bright form of woad.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Mon May 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:Looking at the pictures, I see Lucy was adept at preparing and applying a very bright form of woad.

Oh well, she must have lived in Yorkshire at some stage.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon May 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:From his blog today:

We are receiving rave reviews about the new Lucy exhibit at the Creation Museum. Here are some photographs of the exhibit and of people enthralled with what AiG’s talented artists, fabricators, sculptors, and researchers did in producing an exhibit equal to or better in quality and professionalism with anything anywhere in the world. People are amazed at the holographic images, which really help to clearly illustrate that this was a creature in the Ape family (of which humans are not a member)

Lucy is now “preaching” every day at the Creation Museum. The signage explains that the bones of this creature, used by evolutionists for so long now as evidence of man’s evolutionary ancestry, show this creature had nothing to do with any such supposed evolutionary past.

I’ve seen secularists condemning the exhibit in their blogs and in chat rooms. In fact, some have really gone ballistic over what we have done with Lucy at the Creation Museum. And they haven’t even visited and read the signs! I’ve seen emotional secular blogs blasting the exhibit and what it teaches, but we do something that I don’t usually see at secular museums. We actually include the documentation of articles written about Lucy with the signs—and the articles documented are from secular sources! The secularists just hate the fact that we are able to produce an exhibit of such quality and that we are able to tell the truth about Lucy and help put a stop to the evolutionary indoctrination going on in the world.

I've seen nothing on any science blogs or websites yet. Anyone else read any comments ?

From the press release:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... ws-release

Through the scientific research of the Creation Museum’s Dr. David Menton (PhD, biology, Brown University) and the artistic talents of Doug Henderson and his crew, the museum has created a stunning holographic refutation of Lucy. (The technical name for this Lucy creature found in Africa is Australopithecus afarensis.)

“An imagination-rich artist can have a very powerful influence over what the viewer concludes about the evidence presented,” Menton observed. “That is one reason why our Lucy exhibit is placed in an area of the museum that demonstrates to visitors that a person’s starting point, or bias, influences their views.”

“Ultimately, with this excellent display, we want to show museum guests, once and for all, that this knuckle-walking creature needs to be discarded as a ‘missing link’ in human evolution,” Menton concluded

Maybe he is alluding to the BCSE Community Forum!
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon May 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Of course we are all 'lying' here - because Ken 'isn't' LYING is he, he's simply defending Scripture.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon May 28, 2012 10:53 pm

From Ken Ham's blog of 28 May:
"Lucy is now “preaching” every day at the Creation Museum. The signage explains that the bones of this creature, used by evolutionists for so long now as evidence of man’s evolutionary ancestry, show this creature had nothing to do with any such supposed evolutionary past".

So they are faking the bones TOO.

Ham is hoping that he has disproved evolution! Why did it take him so long?

I've just sent another message to AiG from within their website:
"What you are doing is LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH ABOUT AUSTRALOPITHECUS AFARENSIS. You are CONNING people about what the fossil looked like and how it moved.
You must be desperate about evolution being true, and Christians being open-minded about it being true, if you are prepared to engage in FRAUD (even though the fossil does not prove evolution)".
Last edited by a_haworthroberts on Mon May 28, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon May 28, 2012 11:12 pm

ANOTHER message to AiG. Their deliberate FRAUD makes me angry.

Website article dated 28 May:
'Stunning Exhibit Unveiled at Creation Museum
New high-tech display opens on museum’s fifth anniversary'

I frankly find it hard to believe that genuine Christians could post such a DECEITFUL, LYING article.

See 'Science Now' 22.6.10: "The new skeleton is almost half a million years older than Lucy, the famous A. afarensis specimen discovered in 1974. It had long legs and a torso and a pelvis more like a modern human than an African ape, showing that fully upright walking was in place at this early date, Haile-Selassie says";
"The shoulder blade looks more like that of a gorilla and a modern human than that of a chimpanzee".
a_haworthroberts

Postby Michael » Tue May 29, 2012 6:40 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:ANOTHER message to AiG. Their deliberate FRAUD makes me angry.

Website article dated 28 May:
'Stunning Exhibit Unveiled at Creation Museum
New high-tech display opens on museum’s fifth anniversary'

I frankly find it hard to believe that genuine Christians could post such a DECEITFUL, LYING article.

See 'Science Now' 22.6.10: "The new skeleton is almost half a million years older than Lucy, the famous A. afarensis specimen discovered in 1974. It had long legs and a torso and a pelvis more like a modern human than an African ape, showing that fully upright walking was in place at this early date, Haile-Selassie says";
"The shoulder blade looks more like that of a gorilla and a modern human than that of a chimpanzee".

Maybe GENUINE is the key to understanding them. Yet they have the gall to regard such as me as not genuine
Michael

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue May 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Just to clarify further WHY I believe the AiG 'News Release' of 28 May about the new 'Lucy' exhibit at the Creation Museum (as edited since it was aimed at the media) is DELIBERATE DECEPTION rather than incompetence or poor interpretation both of evidence and of science papers.

They are desperate that people do not believe in evolution (as they might reject the Bible and the gospel) so they have consciously decided to present the species as (initially) 'just a chimp' and then 'just a gorilla'. Why that change? Probably because of ONE sentence HERE: http://www.news.sciencemag.org/sciencen ... ecies.html (this link is referring to Science Now 22.6.10 'Oldest Skeleton of Lucy's Species Unveiled'.)
Which AiG allude to here (whilst QUOTEMINING) in cynical fashion ie they don't EVEN properly identify the PNAS paper in question: http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... ws-release. They seek to mislead by stating "Israeli scientists reported in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science that it may not be our ancestor, for its lower jaw bone resembles a gorilla’s".
As I mentioned last night, and in addition to the sentence in question actually referring to modern humans as well as to gorillas, the Science Now article on the 2010 PNAS paper stated: ""The new skeleton is almost half a million years older than Lucy, the famous A. afarensis specimen discovered in 1974. It had long legs and a torso and a pelvis more like a modern human than an African ape, showing that fully upright walking was in place at this early date, Haile-Selassie says".
The Abstract of the PNAS paper in question states:
"Only one partial skeleton that includes both forelimb and hindlimb elements has been reported for Australopithecus afarensis. The diminutive size of this specimen (A.L. 288-1 ["Lucy"]) has hampered our understanding of the paleobiology of this species absent the potential impact of allometry. Here we describe a large-bodied (i.e., well within the range of living Homo) specimen that, at 3.58 Ma, also substantially antedates A.L. 288–1. It provides fundamental evidence of limb proportions, thoracic form, and locomotor heritage in Australopithecus afarensis. Together, these characteristics further establish that bipedality in Australopithecus was highly evolved and that thoracic form differed substantially from that of either extant African ape".
AiG are ignoring ALL of this. Including the comment that the thoracic form DIFFERED SUBSTANTIALLY from a gorilla (or a chimp or a bonobo).
This is shameful.
Note that Monday's fraudulent AiG website article is actually a 'revised' 'News' Release! It misinforms (any biased or ill-informed journalists) by NOT presenting the FULL story. It just tells them: "In addition, Israeli scientists reported in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science that it may not be our ancestor, for its lower jaw bone resembles a gorilla's". The 2010 paper I have found is NOT about the jawbone, it is about the lower part of the creature's body. In fact, according to Science Now, the head was MISSING from the second fossil.

Or is there some other 'recent' PNAS paper that I have not found? I cannot locate one.

Is anybody from AiG reading this Community Forum? Given that the media and blogosphere response to the Creation Museum 5-year anniversary has been muted, maybe Mr Ham was alluding in part to my comments here when he wrote on 28 May "I’ve seen secularists condemning the exhibit in their blogs and in chat rooms. In fact, some have really gone ballistic over what we have done with Lucy at the Creation Museum. And they haven’t even visited and read the signs! I’ve seen emotional secular blogs blasting the exhibit and what it teaches, but we do something that I don’t usually see at secular museums. We actually include the documentation of articles written about Lucy with the signs—and the articles documented are from secular sources! The secularists just hate the fact that we are able to produce an exhibit of such quality and that we are able to tell the truth about Lucy and help put a stop to the evolutionary indoctrination going on in the world"?

My message to AiG is that "I know your tricks!"

I also have a question for them - just sent to them from their website - if they are truly documenting articles about Lucy from secular sources with the exhibit signs at the Creation Museum (I cannot verify this from website photos) WHY on earth did they not do so in their News Release as well? That would have been HELPFUL to journalists, would it not?
a_haworthroberts

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists