YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 pm

http://answersforhope.com/online-atheis ... comment-73
It would appear that I'm being censored by Jason Petersen. Thus it may look like (in discussion on a blog where he mentioned me by name without informing me) he 'won' the argument.

Quelle surprise.

Not sure whether my two posts 'awaiting moderation' are visible to anybody else. I'm assuming they aren't.

Clearly dishonest behaviour is not lying. Lying - for a YEC - is not being a Christian and denying (including by not accepting affirmatively) that Jesus is God. Dishonesty, if you do affirm this and are defending the authority of scripture, seems to be OK.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

He's been caught repeating, word for word, Kent Hovind:

http://scientiaperceptum.blogspot.co.uk ... again.html
Peter Henderson

Bob Sorensen lying

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:16 pm

His or his administrator's post on his Facebook page 10 hours ago (not liked by anybody):
"Cowardly troll Ashley Haworth-Roberts keeps liking things. That is a death sentence for the comment. If he (it claims it's a he and not a she) ever gets the courage to actually speak up...".

My comment on THIS community forum (where people do not get banned at the drop of a hat) on 23 December:
"COME AND JOIN US IN THIS THREAD BOB, AND SHOW ME PRECISELY HOW AND WHEN I HAVE LIED EITHER TO YOU OR ABOUT YOU - AS YOU CLAIM HERE (YOU HAVE ADDED SEVERAL SCREENSHOTS TO/ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY FORUM TO YOUR BLOG, BUT ARE DELIBERATELY NOT, SO FAR, TELLING YOUR READERS WHICH WEBSITE CONTAINS THE THREAD DISCUSSING YOUR BLOGS):
http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ecord.html
AND THEN POST A LINK TO THIS THREAD ON YOUR BLOG - SO THAT YOUR FOLLOWERS CAN VIEW THIS WHOLE THREAD SHOULD THEY WISH TO."

I DON'T DO FACEBOOK BOB. ALLOW COMMENTS UNDER YOUR BLOG AND I WILL GO THERE - I PROMISE.

I KNOW YOU READ THIS SITE. YOU WERE TOO COWARDLY TO POST HERE, OR TO IDENTIFY THE SITE TO YOUR FANS.

I also note that your fans are baulking somewhat at your constant use of the word 'troll'.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:34 pm

Sirius Knotts aka Tony Breeden has been a key 'mover' with regards to Creation Sunday being marked by some churches in the US.
http://creationsunday.wordpress.com/
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:48 pm

http://answersforhope.com/online-atheis ... /#comments
You may wish to see the last six comments. Typical YEC misbehaviour.
a_haworthroberts

Re: YEC Jason Petersen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:36 pm

A further comment submitted to Jason for him hopefully to read before he censors it here: http://answersforhope.com/online-atheis ... /#comments

"Jason

You write a blog which refers to me by name and then censor my replies to your claims. Unbelievable!

Young Earth creationists ALWAYS resort to censorship and bans whenever they are afraid of looking silly, dishonest or ignorant about science. I have been banned or censored by Your Origins Matter, Tas Walker, Tony Breeden and now you (as well as targeted in mostly untruthful hate posts by your friend Mr Sorensen - who clearly needs to grow up).

Thus your claims about me are permitted to 'stand' even though I dealt with them in my second post. And Sorensen is permitted by you to attack me and make assumptions about me once again - whilst I am denied the right of reply. Unfair. Of course, had I made an idiot of myself you would not have needed to apply censorship.

My first censored post also took issue with your claim about Bob Sorensen's blog posts that "I saw no libeling in his blog. Even after reading your timeline on the BCSE forums, I still agree with Bob". I gave THREE examples of his libel of myself and others.

As for Bob's ludicrous claim: "I have some things to point out from the “former Christian” (who has been described as a bitter apostate that cannot connect two logical thoughts”, or something like that, and we have seen the truth in that statement)". I put it to you Mr Petersen that I indeed did connect a number of very logical thoughts in my censored comments - and THAT is why you are censoring me.

Sorensen claims to have 'proven' his claims against me. He is lying (and you are abetting a liar).

For example, see here: http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ecord.html
Where Bob claimed to have documented 'dishonesty' and 'irrationality' on my part, and supplied two links. However, as I said at the time: "Bob evasively lied about whales' vestigial bones and libelled the critic as a 'troll' in his blog of 11 Dec. My comment was correct. Also, I have never denied 'stalking' Bob a little during part of the autumn - he keeps mentioning my open admission of this! Yet in his further text ... he posts to links to places where he claims to have documented dishonesty on my part. So let's look at those links. On the FIRST link he accused me of 'spamming' and falsely accused me of 'blackmail'. He did NOT show any lies on my part. On the SECOND link he complained about me e mailing him, said I had made some assumptions, and referred to 'off-topic harassment' (at Amazon.com in the early autumn). Again, he did NOT show any lies or dishonesty on my part".

I showed this at the BCSE community forum - which Bob is trying to stop his fans accessing. I did so at 1.14 am GMT on 23 December: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3153&start=30
Read my post if you don't believe me.

Bob may not like me reading his blogs and so forth and sometimes criticising them but that does NOT make me a liar. I'm sure you would agree.

On 23 December I wrote at the BCSE (where Bob has been invited to post if he has something to say to me): "I have nothing to hide. If Bob has nothing to hide he will flag the BCSE community forum thread on his blog. If he has something to hide, he will not". I'm still waiting.

Of course, you will not publish this! Because young Earth creationists like you are AFRAID of the truth, afraid of losing face, and determined to mislead the followers of their blogs and online articles.

Thus I will publish this at the British Centre for Science Education (a place where creationists are NOT censored, should you wish to respond there).

Your claim that I show too much 'emotion' is utterly hilarious given that you have simultaneously published the following: "But, like he did at my Amazon book review, he decided to cry and whine, off-topic. Jason summed it up nicely, that is obsession with me is creepy" and "Ashley is so narcissistic, he made the claim that when a post on the Facebook Page was made and signed “Ashley”, that it was me taking pot-shots at him. Uh, no, not only do we have several Admins, but one is a woman named Ashley, and she signs some of her posts. Get over yourself".

Calm down dear.

You final sentence sounds rather like blackmail and is to be pitied.

Ashley Haworth-Roberts
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:52 pm

The Cowboy on his Facebook page 19 hours ago:

"Haworth cannot be banned because he's never liked the page or posted a comment. But he likes every hateful attacking comment that he can find. He's not intellectually honest enough to admit when someone who is not an atheopath is right."

One truthful sentence, followed by two lying sentences.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Sorensen, Petersen et al should note that I do not criticise people for holding unscientific Christian beliefs (I used to have Christian beliefs). Rather I criticise people who insist their Christian beliefs are scientific, that science is 'lies', and that Christians who do not agree with their position are second class 'compromiser' Christians.

Touchy Mr Sorensen should note that I do not only look at his Facebook page - but also Creation Ministries International, Answers in Genesis, Ken Ham, and Georgia Purdom. If I happen to see a post I agree with (and which is not rude), and which may be in danger of being censored - in Bob's case as a 'trolling atheopathic lies' and so forth - I vote to 'like' it! I have never concealed this from anyone. Why should I? - it's not illegal nor dishonest. What I am unclear about is whether anybody at the Facebook pages concerned knows who voted in a particular instance - I suspect not. Even if they knew that it was me who voted that would not deter me. If Bob disagrees with my vote he should explain why. Instead he normally hides the post (and is using my vote as a pretext for doing so). And when he bans someone he should let people read the post(s) that led to the ban - if it is not very rude/blasphemous/highly libellous.
a_haworthroberts

The hypocritical behaviour of YEC Jason Petersen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:27 pm

He has duly censored most of my post (as I predicted), called me 'insane', and defended the behaviour of Sorensen again.
See http://answersforhope.com/online-atheis ... omment-101

My response to him at his blog (hidden from view to others prior to being failed in moderation I assume):
"I was right that you would censor me again. YECs are so predictable.You do not know me but you are libelling me by calling me 'insane' (the original blog post speculated that I might be 'bat crazy').

You are a disgrace. No wonder you support Sorensen's behaviour.

Which is normally gross libel and false accusations (not only of me).

In my case solely because I sent a few emails months ago, criticised at a public community forum that is open to all the pseudo-science or science denial in some of his blog posts/Facebook comments, voted against an aggressive Amazon.com review that was flagged on the blog (the version at his blog would NOT have caused me to vote 'no'), and have voted for certain posts by other people on his Facebook page.

He is the one who needs to act mature and 'cool'. He appears unable to tolerate any criticism.

I am sufficiently thick skinned by the way to recognise name calling and censorship as confirmation that the YECs who indulge in it are uncomfortable and insecure - presumably because they have run out of arguments for their scientific claims, feel a bit threatened, and don't want to lose face in front of their frequently highly biased fanbase.

Mr Sorensen spends a lot of time (it may his job) obsessively complaining in his blogs and on Facebook about 'trolls'. You support his behaviour. Double standards!

It was 'big' of you to allow ONE (polite) response by me - after you suggested in public that I might be 'bat crazy'.

I had a breakdown in 2004. I had to retire early on ill-health grounds in 2007. I attempted suicide in 2004 and I use a wheelchair. I became unemployable. I gradually lost my faith in a loving God (and I discovered young Earth creationist fundamentalism and also science). I need to occupy myself. Posting online takes more mental effort than watching TV or going for walks.

I have fully RECOVERED.

Whether you respond to this is YOUR choice."
a_haworthroberts

Re: The hypocritical behaviour of YEC Jason Petersen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:15 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:He has duly censored most of my post (as I predicted), called me 'insane', and defended the behaviour of Sorensen again.
See http://answersforhope.com/online-atheis ... omment-101

My response to him at his blog (hidden from view to others prior to being failed in moderation I assume):
"I was right that you would censor me again. YECs are so predictable.You do not know me but you are libelling me by calling me 'insane' (the original blog post speculated that I might be 'bat crazy').

You are a disgrace. No wonder you support Sorensen's behaviour.

Which is normally gross libel and false accusations (not only of me).

In my case solely because I sent a few emails months ago, criticised at a public community forum that is open to all the pseudo-science or science denial in some of his blog posts/Facebook comments, voted against an aggressive Amazon.com review that was flagged on the blog (the version at his blog would NOT have caused me to vote 'no'), and have voted for certain posts by other people on his Facebook page.

He is the one who needs to act mature and 'cool'. He appears unable to tolerate any criticism.

I am sufficiently thick skinned by the way to recognise name calling and censorship as confirmation that the YECs who indulge in it are uncomfortable and insecure - presumably because they have run out of arguments for their scientific claims, feel a bit threatened, and don't want to lose face in front of their frequently highly biased fanbase.

Mr Sorensen spends a lot of time (it may his job) obsessively complaining in his blogs and on Facebook about 'trolls'. You support his behaviour. Double standards!

It was 'big' of you to allow ONE (polite) response by me - after you suggested in public that I might be 'bat crazy'.

I had a breakdown in 2004. I had to retire early on ill-health grounds in 2007. I attempted suicide in 2004 and I use a wheelchair. I became unemployable. I gradually lost my faith in a loving God (and I discovered young Earth creationist fundamentalism and also science). I need to occupy myself. Posting online takes more mental effort than watching TV or going for walks.

I have fully RECOVERED.

Whether you respond to this is YOUR choice."

The above post as 'awaiting moderation' has disappeared off my screen. Hopefully Petersen read it before deleting it.

Apparently Sorensen has previously been on anti-depressants too: http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/02 ... ution.html
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:16 pm

a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:01 am

He has a link to this series of idiotic videos. Is this guy a poe or what ?

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... BykfUA_gGU
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:51 am

Peter Henderson wrote:He has a link to this series of idiotic videos. Is this guy a poe or what ?

He appears to be a member of MENSA.
http://questionevolution.blogspot.co.uk ... -juby.html
I watched one of his videos but it was exhausting for my brain because he spoke at a rate of knots.
a_haworthroberts

Postby theealex » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:07 pm

Today Bob has stepped up his paranoia, and has had me blocked from Facebook for three days for posting an image. What was this image you wonder? Why, it was a screenshot of a Posterous 404 'Page Not Found' error with Bob's Posterous URL in the address bar! Apparently Bob believes this to be an infringement of his intellectual rights! Naturally I have queried this with Facebook, asking how the page can contain Bob's property when it is the generic 'no content' page for Posterous. I hope that FB will see reason and recognise that Bob's claim is entirely malicious, and lacking in any actual credibility.

I assume he's done this because he was upset at having the page pulled down after a valid, and successful, DMCA claim from myself (on the page he had posted numerous screen shots of my intellectual property - tweets, facebook updates, blog posts, and photographs that I own the copyright on). Given that Bob is very fond of false take down notices, I don't know why he should have a problem with a genuine, legitimate one.

I find it sad that Bob is so bereft of honour that he stoops to actions like this.
theealex

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:40 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:
Peter Henderson wrote:He has a link to this series of idiotic videos. Is this guy a poe or what ?

He appears to be a member of MENSA.
http://questionevolution.blogspot.co.uk ... -juby.html
I watched one of his videos but it was exhausting for my brain because he spoke at a rate of knots.

Membership of Mensa doesn't mean very much. Understanding of the world is primarily a product of hard work and inquisitiveness, not superior intelligence.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists