YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:28 am

Jimmy Savile was a member too.
a_haworthroberts

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby cathy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:07 pm

I find it sad that Bob is so bereft of honour that he stoops to actions like this

But not surprising I bet.

Membership of Mensa doesn't mean very much. Understanding of the world is primarily a product of hard work and inquisitiveness, not superior intelligence.

Its doing lots of puzzles isn't it and I love puzzles. Any intelligence requires looking at the world NOT ignoring it, and keeping an open mind. No creationist possesses intelligence because they've closed their minds and therefore cannot take in new information.
cathy

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:53 am

Some atheists appear to be obsessed with 'trolls' too:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... email-fyi/
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:58 am

Those naughty atheist evolutionists believe in magic, don't you know.
http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ution.html
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Tomorrow is Creationism Propaganda Day.

QED

http://www.101arguments.com/2013/02/the ... n-day.html
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:26 pm

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/02 ... pirit.html

And protecting our knowledge of how to reduce the risk of children catching the measles virus leads to parents ignoring cranks and allowing their kids to have the MMR vaccine.

Go figure.

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2011/10 ... ience.html
Liar Liar
Evolution is the only SCIENTIFIC explanation that adequately explains all evidence relating to origins.
Creationism ignores much evidence - and superimposes 'infallible divine authority' (a book which is thousands of years old) upon all the evidence, and its testing and interpretation.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:29 pm

Predictable name-calling by Cowardly Bob (oops): http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... on-on.html
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:13 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:Predictable name-calling by Cowardly Bob (oops): http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... on-on.html

To be honest Ashley, I think it's probably time "evolution Sunday" and the "clergy letter project" were abandoned, in my opinion.

It fails on two counts. Firstly, it's been undermined by the likes of Coyne, Myers, and Dawkins who claim the bible is incompatable with acceptance of evolution. Secondly, not one evengelical leader has given their supportto either. On the contrary, more of them have come out in recent years on the young Earth creationist side of the argument, sadly. Those that have signed up to the clergy letter project have been generally either liberal or ecumenical in their views.

The "creation Sunday" campaign has, if anything, galvanised evangelicals to question evolution Sunday. I hate to sound pessimestic, but those are the facts.

I don't know of any churches in Northern Ireland that have participated in evolution Sunday or any minsters/pastors that have signed the clergy letter project.
Peter Henderson

Jason Petersen - lying for Jesus

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:21 pm

http://answersforhope.com/my-contributi ... -creation/
"Creation science is scientific because it studies the natural world using the scientific method." NO. It 'studies' the natural world using the Bible as an 'infallible' and non-negotiable starting point. Who does Petersen think he is fooling? Himself?
Young Earth Creationism is an anti-scientific, religious, worldview.
"This is a straw man. I can’t think of one major Creationist resource that says that we are against science." That is because young Earth creationists are never objective and frequently dishonest and evasive. They also quietly 'redefine' science to mean - in a woolly sort of way - 'knowledge'. By which they mean biblical 'revelation about the natural world', supported by any direct observations that seem to confirm scripture (ie there's a fossil record so Noah's Flood is 'real, recent, worldwide, history').
"If we hated science, we wouldn’t be using science to show that our observations of the natural world are consistent with what The Bible says now would we?" You are NOT using science (see my example just now). You are using FAITH. You reject ALL explanations of evidence, and there are MANY, that do not confirm scripture! You pre-select the conclusion required and if necessary twist or ignore evidence. Such behaviour by mainstream scientists would not (normally) get past peer review. YECs shun peer review (other than by fellow YECs of course).
Your implied claim that the likes of Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday and Lord Kelvin would have been young Earth creationist fundamentalists if they were around today is sheer FANTASY.
There ARE Christian scientists. They are at places like the Biologos forum, or working professionally in real, mainstream, science.
Your friend Cowboy Bob LIES about science. In recent days he has claimed there is 'no' evidence for birds evolving from dinosaurs, and that evolution is 'pseudo-science'.

Jason's contribution to Question Evolution Day is telling porkies about science and about his form of creationism.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:35 pm

'The Question Evolution Project' earlier today:
"I've had people whining, "You don't question evolution, your mind is made up! You're an evolution denier!""
If somebody tells the truth about TQEP and Cowboy Bob they are 'whining' (and censored and usually banned as well).
http://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:42 pm

More apparent paranoia from someone who stereo-typically and absurdly lumps ALL people who disagree with his pseudo-pscientific pronouncements together and insults them. What a lot of online hate from a professing Christian:
http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ution.html
"The big, bad, creationists are telling the truth again". :)
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Your implied claim that the likes of Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday and Lord Kelvin would have been young Earth creationist fundamentalists if they were around today is sheer FANTASY.

Indeed Ashley.

I'm not sure about Faraday, but Kelvin accepted geological time and attempted to calculate the age of the Earth using the decay of it's primordial heat. He came up with a figure between 20 and 30 million years, which alarmed Darwin because it wasn't nearly long enough to explain what he (Darwin) observed. Unfortunately Kelvin was unaware of radioactivity and the fact that much of the Earth's internal heat is due to radiogenic heating (such is scientific progress). So no, Kelvin wasn't a young Earth creationiost (even 150 years ago).

As for Newton, he lived at a time when the concept of deep time was unknown, so one could hardly blame him for believing Ussher's calculations on the age of the Earth.

It always amazes me that young Earth creationists constantly refer back to scientists from several hundred years ago.

Nothing like being up to date with science Bob.
Peter Henderson

Postby Michael » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Faraday is elusive but I am convinced he was OE as a pal of Lyell and Tyndall
Michael

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:54 pm

Michael wrote:Faraday is elusive but I am convinced he was OE as a pal of Lyell and Tyndall

Likewise, there's no evidence Robert Boyle was ever a YEC as he lived nearly a century before James Hutton and the concept of geological time.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:14 am

Peter Henderson wrote:

Indeed Ashley.

I'm not sure about Faraday, but Kelvin accepted geological time and attempted to calculate the age of the Earth using the decay of it's primordial heat. He came up with a figure between 20 and 30 million years, which alarmed Darwin because it wasn't nearly long enough to explain what he (Darwin) observed. Unfortunately Kelvin was unaware of radioactivity and the fact that much of the Earth's internal heat is due to radiogenic heating (such is scientific progress). So no, Kelvin wasn't a young Earth creationiost (even 150 years ago).

As for Newton, he lived at a time when the concept of deep time was unknown, so one could hardly blame him for believing Ussher's calculations on the age of the Earth.

It always amazes me that young Earth creationists constantly refer back to scientists from several hundred years ago.

Nothing like being up to date with science Bob.

It's Jason spreading ignorance on this occasion.
a_haworthroberts

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists