YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

AiG's blatant cherry picking

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:29 pm

a_haworthroberts

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:26 am

If you want more from Bob, it's available HERE: http://www.101arguments.com/
a_haworthroberts

Postby psiloiordinary » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 pm

I looked at that stormbringer blog Ashley.

I'm struggling to accept he can be real.
psiloiordinary

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:37 am

http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ecord.html
Thanks for the free publicity Bob. I wasn't expecting that.
Of course I stand by every word. And I am talking about Bob at the British Centre for Science Education community forum.
a_haworthroberts

Postby cathy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:17 am

Thanks for the free publicity Bob. I wasn't expecting that.
Of course I stand by every word. And I am talking about Bob at the British Centre for Science Education community forum.

He gives thanks to an unamed informant for the link to things you've written here Ashley. I wonder which of our creationist pals that could be?

You're braver than I am Ashley, be careful. You are not dealing with very nice people at all.
cathy

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:20 am

psiloiordinary wrote:I looked at that stormbringer blog Ashley.

I'm struggling to accept he can be real.

He's particularly arrogant. This is now he describes himself "I'm a bit of a cowboy. Here are my straightforward, politically incorrect views on various topics. Lots of topics. People get angry because I'm right. If you don't like a topic, keep scanning and something you like will come along.

The bold sentence (I made it bold) illustrates his absolute and complete arrogance.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:50 pm

That nice - but cowardly - Bob Sorensen is now making insulting comments on his (twice amended) blog post about me (OK I have admitted 'stalking' him a bit by emails, at Amazon.com and by liking certain posts by others on his facebook page - as well as flagging his often ranting blogs here) but also now about both CATHY, MARK and ROGER. http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ecord.html

I find that rather reprehensible. I would like to know whether fellow YECs reading this think that Bob is acting as a good advert for (a) young Earth creationism (b) anti-evolutionism and (c) the gospel. I'm not asking them to tell me - but to comment to Bob DIRECT, as appropriate (he has two email addresses, one of which relates to his 'Soldier for Jesus' blog identity, which can be found easily online).

As well as practising 'no right of reply' on his blog, and censorship on his Facebook page (where I have never posted), he also - in MY case - will NOT ever speak directly to me, either by email or on this community forum. Yet he WILL gossip about me, and libel me as 'narcissistic' etc, behind my back. That is why I have called him 'cowardly' on this community forum. Bob seems reluctant to flag the fact to his readers that these comments, reporting how he behaves when criticised for censoring others when they ask questions about science, are at the British Centre for Science Education community forum. Where there is a RIGHT OF REPLY.

Note that this thread all about Bob was started when HE initiated fresh criticism towards myself on his blog (where I cannot respond even though I have been named). ANY libel of Bob by MYSELF in this thread is TRUE.

Unlike his claim that we are - all - 'anti-science'.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:02 pm

I find it amusing that Bob also deliberately HIDES all references in my comments to the British Centre for Science Education community forum. Because he seems not to want his followers to READ this thread. At the British Centre for Science Education community forum.

Now why would that be?
a_haworthroberts

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:04 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:That nice - but cowardly - Bob Sorensen is now making insulting comments on his (twice amended) blog post about me (OK I have admitted 'stalking' him a bit by emails, at Amazon.com and by liking certain posts by others on his facebook page - as well as flagging his often ranting blogs here) but also now about both CATHY and MARK (though not, so far, Roger). http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ecord.html

I didn't even know it was one Bob Sorensen when I made the remark. However, he bit. I would say exactly the same about anyone who displayed Sorensen's arrogance about being right. Nobody is "right" about anything. We can easily be wrong but the best we can hope for is to hold views about the world that are plausible and stand up to rigour.

Sorensen doesn't anger me at all. As far as I am concern he is a mouthy fundamentalist prick and I couldn't care less what he thinks. He grossly overestimates himself if he thinks otherwise about me.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:08 pm

He also accuses us of a 'version of fascism' and a 'cult of hate'.

Am I shocked? Not especially.

He appears to love insulting all and sundry - online. Yet - despite being offered the chance to do so - he will NOT engage with us direct on the British Centre for Science Education community forum!

Even liars are permitted to post at the British Centre for Science Education community forum. And Bob IS a liar. The thread was started because HE posted THIS: http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ciple.html
I had not contacted him for weeks when this was posted. All I did was like one or two Facebook posts or mention one or two of his blogs here - all perfectly legal. Yet he is claiming that the present to and fro over the internet was started by me. He writes today: "YOU did buttercup! When you were told to leave me alone you persisted". But I had not emailed him, or posted under his book review at Amazon.com, for weeks. All I did was 'like' some Facebook posts and comment - as I do about other YEC people too - about some of his more excitable blog posts here on the British Centre for Science Education community forum. WHERE THERE IS A RIGHT OF REPLY.
His implication that I continued to harass him is false.
And his comments about me on the blog flagged above were completely inaccurate as well. He said I liked "every, absurd, angry hateful comment". I did not like ANY 'absurd' comments, and I did not like 'every' comment - whether or not they fitted any of these adjectives. This is just Bob's spin and hyperbole.

So I had TWO reasons for starting a 'timeline' thread. (1) Bob libelling me 'behind my back' where there is no right of reply. And (2) Bob posting a falsehood about my behaviour on his Facebook page.

If Bob is confident that his accounts are accurate he should flag on his blog precisely WHERE our comments about him, especially mine, can be READ - in FULL.

It is telling that his followers don't seem to want to know where they can read these comments - in order to check out the validity or otherwise of Bob's claims. If I was a creationist I would (still) want to know the full FACTS...
Last edited by a_haworthroberts on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:11 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:He also accuses us of a 'version of fascism' and a 'cult of hate'.

He appears to love insulting all and sundry - online. Yet - despite being offered the chance to do so - he will NOT engage with us direct on the British Centre for Science Education community forum!

He wouldn't last long if he did. Too mouthy.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Bob says I am 'dishonest' and tell 'lies'. I would like to know when and where.
I AM CHALLENGING HIM - HERE ON THE BRITISH CENTRE FOR SCIENCE EDUCATION COMMUNITY FORUM WHICH HE READS - EITHER TO PROVE HIS CLAIMS ABOUT ME OR TO WITHDRAW THEM.
Just stating that I am dishonest and tell lies is no proof whatsoever.
This incidentally is how Bob approaches scientific matters. If I say it, it is the case. X is false and Y is true.
Reality is not that simple.
Any quote of my words should be shown in its entirety and in its context.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:22 pm

I stress that whenever I have contacted Bob I have done so as a private individual and NOT ON BEHALF OF THE BRITISH CENTRE FOR SCIENCE EDUCATION IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:That nice - but cowardly - Bob Sorensen is now making insulting comments on his (twice amended) blog post about me (OK I have admitted 'stalking' him a bit by emails, at Amazon.com and by liking certain posts by others on his facebook page - as well as flagging his often ranting blogs here) but also now about both CATHY and MARK (though not, so far, Roger). http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ecord.html

I didn't even know it was one Bob Sorensen when I made the remark. However, he bit. I would say exactly the same about anyone who displayed Sorensen's arrogance about being right. Nobody is "right" about anything. We can easily be wrong but the best we can hope for is to hold views about the world that are plausible and stand up to rigour.

Sorensen doesn't anger me at all. As far as I am concern he is a mouthy fundamentalist prick and I couldn't care less what he thinks. He grossly overestimates himself if he thinks otherwise about me.

My post has since been edited. I saw that he had criticised you as well.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:He also accuses us of a 'version of fascism' and a 'cult of hate'.

He wouldn't last long if he did. Too mouthy.

But he won't even TRY. Here at the British Centre for Science Education community forum. Open to all, including creationists.
a_haworthroberts

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists