YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby Peter Henderson » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 am

Well, today he's claiming a 300 year old chemist (Robert Boyle) was a creationist ?????????? Nothing like being up to date with science Bob.

Boyle didn't even have access to the periodic table.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:18 pm

With his arrogance, dishonesty and endlessly confrontational attitude Sorensen (and his blogging friend if he behaves the same way) deserve all they get: http://answersforhope.com/the-unbelieve ... in-action/

Bob is STILL afraid to NAME this community forum. (Much less debate science with anybody here.) Much easier to throw stones at all and sundry from the sidelines.

I have attempted to post a comment linking to this community forum. We shall see whether Jason/'Posterous' or whoever allows it.
Last edited by a_haworthroberts on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:24 pm

My attempted comment:

Jason/Posterous

You and Mr Sorensen are libelling me (and other people known to me).

And why won't Sorensen link to THIS website, so that his fans can see the FULL story?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3153&start=90

Ashley Haworth-Roberts
a_haworthroberts

Postby Roger Stanyard » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:04 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:With his arrogance, dishonesty and endlessly confrontational attitude Sorensen (and his blogging friend if he behaves the same way) deserve all they get: http://answersforhope.com/the-unbelieve ... in-action/

Bob is STILL afraid to NAME this community forum. (Much less debate science with anybody here.) Much easier to throw stones at all and sundry from the sidelines.

I have attempted to post a comment linking to this community forum. We shall see whether Jason/'Posterous' or whoever allows it.

By and large the creationists stopped "debating" with their foes on Internet several years ago. They kept getting ripped to shreds as they were utterly predictable, had nothing new to say and everyone had seen through their tricks. They'd lost the arguments.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:21 pm

Yes, I've been censored by this Jason character.

The only people who tell the truth is THEM. According to those honest YEC ideologues. So I must have been trying to spread untruths - and that must not be allowed on YEC blogs.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Cowboy Bob seems to have problems discoursing with individuals who disagree with him and who he assumes are atheists. Much easier to lump everyone together on his Facebook page and indulge in stereo-typing:

"ATTN trolling atheists:
When you're banned, it isn't because we are shaking in fear over your massive intellect. (Yes, my eyes are rolling.)
Far from it.
When you're banned, it's because you violated the rules and paraded around this page acting like a jerk. That isn't tolerated. There's tons of atheist pages that have the entertainment you're looking for. Go there.
But, of course, if you prefer to childish slander and ridiculous notions that we're afraid of you.....well, let's all hope that helps you sleep at night.
If you don't like page rules here, go to another page that has limitless sources on how to indulge in defamation and bullying in the war against Christianity.
Or just create your own.
~Ashley"

I've NOT been banned, Bob. I haven't given you an opportunity to ban me or censor me. Please stop using my name in vain.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:36 am

a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:16 pm

http://answersforhope.com/online-atheis ... comment-73

I have ATTEMPTED to add the following comment under this post (which is mostly about Eye on the ICR):
Mr Jason Petersen
I'm afraid you are poorly informed. The British Centre for Science Education (whose community forum, which is open to ALL, you allude to) is NOT an atheist organisation and it is NOT anti-Christian/anti-religion. It is against creationism in its various forms, as creationism is not supported by scientific evidence and relies on dogmatism. And your labelling of me as an 'atheist' is just your assumption. I used to be an evangelical Christian - not a creationist - but following a breakdown nine years' ago I would now call myself an agnostic.
You should be aware that Bob Sorensen has during recent months frequently libelled me on his blog - where comments are not permitted. This was apparently because I emailed him asking why he did not allow comments there (he does allow some comments on his Facebook page but I don't post comments on Facebook) and because I 'liked' some posts made by some critics at 'The Question Evolution Project'. The details of his past libellous comments were posted at the BCSE community forum. I have invited Bob to come onto the forum to discuss science but he has so far refused - he appears to prefer to lob insults towards all and sundry from the safety of his blog or Facebook page.
Ashley Haworth-Roberts (Mr)
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:19 pm

I've asked him what his science background is Ashley.

I doubt I'll get an answer.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 pm

Peter

You were correct (I also received a PM just now from somebody else who has communicated with Mr Sorensen in the past).

It's certainly a lively thread; I've just chipped in again.
http://eyeonicr.wordpress.com/2013/01/3 ... debunking/

My hunch is that my post to Jason Petersen may spend a very long period of time 'awaiting moderation'... He does appear somewhat saner so he may genuinely be torn as to whether to allow my comment (also reproduced here and in the EyeontheICR thread).
a_haworthroberts

Postby theealex » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 pm

The Ashley that keeps getting mentioned at the end of some of the posts is another of the QEP admins.
theealex

Postby theealex » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 pm

As for Jason Petersen being 'saner'.....well, you just have to read his insane lies about me (yes, I'm the 'foul mouthed' ;) Alex Botten!) on his blog. Seems he's a bit of a fan of Bob's techniques.
theealex

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:55 pm

theealex wrote:The Ashley that keeps getting mentioned at the end of some of the posts is another of the QEP admins.

I was beginning to suspect that that was the case. But this Ashley only started giving his or her name at TQEP shortly after I contacted Mr Sorensen thus I assumed that he or his administrator was alluding to me.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:00 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:Peter

You were correct (I also received a PM just now from somebody else who has communicated with Mr Sorensen in the past).

It's certainly a lively thread; I've just chipped in again.
http://eyeonicr.wordpress.com/2013/01/3 ... debunking/

My hunch is that my post to Jason Petersen may spend a very long period of time 'awaiting moderation'... He does appear somewhat saner so he may genuinely be torn as to whether to allow my comment (also reproduced here and in the EyeontheICR thread).

Jason published my comment and responded to it.

This is my attempted further response:
"Jason
I take your point that you did not expressly state that the BCSE was an atheist organisation. However your blog post title clearly refers to 'online atheists' and in your opening paragraph you said "I chose their site [the BCSE site although your previous blog post earlier this week did not identify the site] as an example of the inefficiency the new atheist movement’s ineffectiveness at responding to Christians". Thus you certainly did NOT state that the BCSE is against creationism, not against religion or atheistic. For someone not familiar with it to wrongly assume that the BCSE is an atheistic site would be an understandable mistake for someone to make. You also did not quote the organisation's full name, which is why I suggested you were 'uninformed'.
Until recently a young Earth creationist (Marc Surtees) used to post regularly on the BCSE community forum. Peter Henderson and Michael Roberts are both Christians.
"What I would expect for an agnostic is to be neutral on the position of whether or not God exists, but that is not the position that you take on the BCSE forums. Labeling you as an atheist would be quite accurate as I have never seen you stick up for any religion or any gods." You will not find any posts by me there stating that God does not exist. You may find posts by me criticising how the Christian god, assuming he exists, behaves. The views expressed are personal and I do not represent the BCSE in any shape or form.
"I saw no libeling in his blog. Even after reading your timeline on the BCSE forums, I still agree with Bob".
http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ciple.html
http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ssion.html
http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ecord.html
Please don't tell me you approve of these!
(Some of Bob's libellous blog posts were subsequently taken down.)
The point is that whilst I have sometimes criticised young Earth creationists online, I do so with FACTS (as in my review of Jonathan Sarfati's book). Whereas Bob Sorensen is simply full of, frequently incorrect, insults.
At the end of December he accused me on Facebook at the Question Evolution Project page of having been banned from his Facebook page - despite me previously informing him that I had never posted there.
He wrote: "Note to all: Since Ashley Haworth-Roberts is a cowardly troll without the courage of his convictions, giving a "Like" to comments that are foolish, illogical, hateful and so forth, it is an automatic death sentence for the comments from now on. He said that he was banned from this Page, yet created his account *after* he made that lie. He cannot be bothered to actually comment himself." (Eventually, after I contacted Facebook, he removed the accusation. He has accused me of lying at least once, but has NOT substantiated his accusation as I showed at the BCSE community forum.)
There is plenty of what you call 'emotionally charged rhetoric' on Bob's Facebook page and in his many blog posts, in case you hadn't noticed.
I do NOT try to censor creationists. Nor does Eyeonthe ICR. I agree that Dawkins and Nye avoid debating them. However, whilst not a 'one on one', scientists HAVE recently debated creationists on UK TV (if you can access it, please enjoy): http://bcseweb.blogspot.co.uk/#!/2013/0 ... ccept.html (blog entry dated 13 January referring to 'The Big Questions')
I'm adding this attempted reply to the BCSE community forum (which Alex has just visited) and also the thread at EyeontheICR. (I did the same with the comment which you failed in moderation.)
Ashley"
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Alex Botten having a go at Jason Petersen:
http://anatheistviewpoint.wordpress.com ... for-jesus/
After Petersen had a go at him:
http://answersforhope.com/more-dishones ... mr-botten/
I've only skimmed - as both appear more interested in insults than in a discussion about science.

Meanwhile Petersen is STILL 'moderating' my attempted second response to him here: http://answersforhope.com/online-atheis ... /#comments

Here's another attempted post for him to moderate, mainly responding to yet more rudeness from Sorensen which Petersen - who seems to want to defend Bob's online behaviour - has apparently cleared in moderation (Cowboy Bob is stereo-typically lumping me in with Mr Botten - how convenient):
"Bob/Piltdown Superman
You are the one who peddles fantasies, not me. There is plenty of logic in my posts at the BCSE (I can't speak for everybody there).
Mister Gordons
What has your comment about 'atheist tyranny' got to do with the BCSE?
Jesse M
Your comments about evolution, science education and secular humanism are totally ridiculous and completely incorrect. http://chem.tufts.edu/AnswersInScience/demise.html
Jason
When will my previous attempted post be moderated please? You allow insults from Sorensen et al, yet to hesitate to allow my right of reply." [Minor typo just spotted.]
a_haworthroberts

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists