[Trollbait] Questions creationists can't answer?

This forum is for the discussion of the evidence for evolution. Anyone is welcome to post, however, scripture is not allowed. As the title says, Science Only please!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: [Trollbait] Questions creationists can't answer?

Postby MrDunday » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:41 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:"... the logical prediction of your theory is that all fossils found together should be totally mixed. So human, dinosaur, cats, wolves and synapsids should all be found in the same fossil bearing rocks".

There should be SOME mixing certainly. Especially if Noah's Flood was, in its earlier stages at least, like a large tidal wave or tsunami - something that was capable of 'carving out' the Grand Canyon during a period of weeks and months.

It is estimated, from the trade in ivory tusks, that bones of tens of thousands of such mammoths have been found. The fossil remains of many other animals, such as lions, tigers, bears, and elk, have been found in common strata, which may indicate that all of these were destroyed simultaneously.

Men of science in times past held that the flood of Noah’s day was merely local in scope, but modern knowledge, particularly as represented in geology and archaeology, gives evidence that the world of the mammoths and other like monsters had a cataclysmic end, and scientists have found in Italy, Switzerland, England and the United States, “even on the tops of high mountains, whole trees sunk deep under ground, as also teeth and bones of animals, fishes entire, seashells, ears of corn, etc., petrified”; which could never have come there but by a world-wide deluge.—Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge.
MrDunday

Postby MrDunday » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Ok guys, from some of the posts, I have been getting 'hints' 8) That I should be moving on.
So I think I will do that.
Thanks for the discussion, I hope some might just open their minds just a little.
MrDunday

Postby Roger Stanyard » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:02 pm

MrDunday wrote:Ok guys, from some of the posts, I have been getting 'hints' 8) That I should be moving on.
Thanks for the discussion, I hope some might just open their minds just a little.

Bye, and don't slam the door as you go.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:01 pm

MrDunday wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Scientific theories make predictions. Evolution predicts that if we evolved certain features will be found appearing at certain times. For example in the genes or in the fossil record. For the fossil record they predict that certain types of fossils with certain types of body features will be found and will be found first appearing in fairly large windows of time. Those fossils can then continue to exist, you don't have to become extinct for things to move on and evolve around you but they cannot exist BEFORE a certain window.

Prediction only comes from creation. If the scientists actually thought about this, they have to agree with that. With Cats for example,can have adaption, and breeding, and natural selection, and mutations are all random. They will cause variety, but only in their own kind. The point of mutation is that you can not predict it. It is mistakes that happen. You can not know ahead of time what that mistake will be. Adaption depends on the conditions, and you don't know ahead of time what that will bring. Natural selection depends on the conditions as well. Breeding comes from 2 animals so it depends on the genes of both animals . but you can predict that they will still be cats. That tells you that creation is the only answer, because if all you have is cats that is all you will ever have. That is the evidence we have.

Creationists don't make scientific predictions if they can help it. You are not making a prediction here - just describing variety within a particular species (domestic cats).
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:07 pm

"Actually the evidence for the flood is world wide.
Sea shells on top of mountains, rocks moved to different locations, in many directions. Mammoths will fresh food in their teeth, as they were quickly frozen, in northern areas. No just one but many, in different areas. And a flood could have caused the Grand canyon. People all around the world ( tribes) all have a flood story and the first humans. Though many have different ideas about it. but they contain the same idea. Because of that scientists realize that something major happened around the earth.Giant bones of humans have been found around the earth. The scientists know this but hide it. These are the giants spoken of in the bible. These are not just a single giant, but groups of them."

Utter garbage. Which also misses the point. Science can explain all the things you mention - without recourse to a worldwide recent flood.

Are you sure you are not a crank? Who told you that scientists are hiding things (do you believe in alien UFOs)? Or did you make that up yourself.

From the evidence of your posts so far (and your website) I think you are a timewaster.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:10 pm

MrDunday wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:"... the logical prediction of your theory is that all fossils found together should be totally mixed. So human, dinosaur, cats, wolves and synapsids should all be found in the same fossil bearing rocks".

There should be SOME mixing certainly. Especially if Noah's Flood was, in its earlier stages at least, like a large tidal wave or tsunami - something that was capable of 'carving out' the Grand Canyon during a period of weeks and months.

It is estimated, from the trade in ivory tusks, that bones of tens of thousands of such mammoths have been found. The fossil remains of many other animals, such as lions, tigers, bears, and elk, have been found in common strata, which may indicate that all of these were destroyed simultaneously.

Men of science in times past held that the flood of Noah’s day was merely local in scope, but modern knowledge, particularly as represented in geology and archaeology, gives evidence that the world of the mammoths and other like monsters had a cataclysmic end, and scientists have found in Italy, Switzerland, England and the United States, “even on the tops of high mountains, whole trees sunk deep under ground, as also teeth and bones of animals, fishes entire, seashells, ears of corn, etc., petrified”; which could never have come there but by a world-wide deluge.—Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge.

Account for the great depth at which fossils are sometimes found. Account for why dinosaur and ape fossils have NEVER been found together.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Wayne/Mr Dunday

Last week I was banned by a YEC blogger (Sirius Knotts aka Tony Breeden) - not because of anything I said about his blogs but because I drew attention to THIS community forum.

Whilst the welcome here may be a bit lacking at times, especially if people arrive who sound like conspiracy theorists, I suspect it is actually very hard for creationists to get banned by the BCSE. Unlike YECs in particular, other viewpoints are tolerated here rather than actively discouraged. But such viewpoints are likely to be rebutted by sound science.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Roger Stanyard » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:45 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:I suspect it is actually very hard for creationists to get banned by the BCSE. Unlike YECs in particular, other viewpoints are tolerated here rather than actively discouraged. But such viewpoints are likely to be rebutted by sound science.

It would, indeed, be pretty hard to get banned as we don't have any policies or rules on the matter. In fact, the forum is designed to allow basically off-topic issues. The easy going approach is not absolute; for example if a nutter started arguing in favour of the moon being made of Bird's Custard he would definetely get banned.

Wait a minute......that's not quite right.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Dr_GS_Hurd » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:16 am

MrDunday wrote:Ok guys, from some of the posts, I have been getting 'hints' 8) That I should be moving on.

You are a pompus piece of shit, aren't you. You hope you "open their (our) minds just a little"? You did nothing but lie, and deny.
Dr_GS_Hurd

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:32 am

Dr_GS_Hurd wrote:

You are a pompus piece of shit, aren't you. You hope you "open their (our) minds just a little"? You did nothing but lie, and deny.

Greetings from a fellow American.
a_haworthroberts

Postby psiloiordinary » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:43 am

Racism and homophobia will get you banned.

Or voting Tory.

That last one is on my personal list.
psiloiordinary

Postby cathy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:28 am

Or voting Tory.

I'm safe and will never be banned then.
cathy

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:38 am

cathy wrote:
Or voting Tory.

I'm safe and will never be banned then.

It's not the Tories that worry me, it's the GOP. Heck, the GOP in North Carolina is now calling for the re-introduction of public executions. You can be your bottom dollar that if this happens, nearly all the people strung up will have dark skins.

The GOP is turning into a merger between the Ku Klux Klan and the John Birch Society.

But then, I've long held the view that creationism is just a dog whistle for racism.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:47 am

Dr_GS_Hurd wrote:

Yes, he's completely and utterly patronising.

The only thing he has "learned" in the entire exercise is what an allele is and I doubt whether he grasps it.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Are you folks gluttons for punishment? I'm locking this thread now.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Previous

Return to Science Only