The Paradigm Argument

This forum is for the discussion of the evidence for evolution. Anyone is welcome to post, however, scripture is not allowed. As the title says, Science Only please!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Paradigm Argument

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:39 pm

marcsurtees wrote:
Roger Stanyard wrote:
I think there is some muddled thinking here. The creationists dismiss any and all evidence that contradicts their literal interpretation of the Bible. Marc Surtees, for example, is a proponent of this. Creationism is simply not evidence-based.

I have to disagree with Roger and agree with Oddbeaver on this one, the evidence is all around us and as far as biology is concerned fits perfectly with the idea that an intelligence designed it all.

But you've openly admitted to us that you dismiss all evidence that contradicts your personal opinions about religion.

Heck, you've even tried to wiggle your way out of the issue by claiming that your personal opinions on religion are not personal opinions at all. Presumably, you think they are facts.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:47 pm

marcsurtees wrote:
Roger Stanyard wrote:
I think there is some muddled thinking here. The creationists dismiss any and all evidence that contradicts their literal interpretation of the Bible. Marc Surtees, for example, is a proponent of this. Creationism is simply not evidence-based.

I have to disagree with Roger and agree with Oddbeaver on this one, the evidence is all around us and as far as biology is concerned fits perfectly with the idea that an intelligence designed it all.

As I pointed out, the man behind Intelligent Design, Phillip Johnson, says otherwise. It doesn't.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Robert Byers » Wed May 04, 2011 7:05 am

i as a YEC creationist find the word paradigm to be very useful. however its just a sly way to account for why ideas are so often wrong but enduring in the place called science. They must tell the people that conclusions from "science" are from higher standards of investigation relative too the pretty good standards in common professions.
Then BANG they are wrong and this last for years with endless numbers of "scientists" backing up some error.
So PARADIGM must be invoked to explain this oddity. People just get stuck in ideas and the confidence in the leaders of these ideas. Yeah thats it.
Otherwise people are just plain wrong because the standard of investigation originally was not that good or cross examined very good.
like early acceptance of evolution in Great Britain.
its was just so much a relief to Anglican upper or upper middle class England to pull away from Protestant Christianity that they accepted anything.
Robert Byers

Postby Michael » Wed May 04, 2011 7:09 am

Robert

Please keep your twaddle to yourself
Michael

Postby jon_12091 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Michael wrote:Robert

Please keep your twaddle to yourself

I think your wasting your metaphorical breath unfortunately - search FSTDT for his name (I thought I recognised it) and you get four pages(!) of results.
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

Previous

Return to Science Only