YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby Peter Henderson » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:52 am

Ken Ham's behaviour on Facebook is no better Ashley.
Peter Henderson

Postby Peter Henderson » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:26 pm

The man is a compulsive liar Ashley:

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2012/11 ... dence.html

Evidence for stellar evolution was presented in both the OU astronomy courses I did. It's well documentedm and there's absolutely no evidence the speed of light has slowed down.

We can see stars at various stages of their life, whether on the main sequence, at the helium burning stage, or at a stars death.

I wonder how he accounts for white dwarf stars were no fusion at all is taking place ?
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:59 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:Ken Ham's behaviour on Facebook is no better Ashley.

I think this man is worse (or less subtle).
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:20 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:
Peter Henderson wrote:Ken Ham's behaviour on Facebook is no better Ashley.

I think this man is worse (or less subtle).

Out of interest Ashley, what's Sorenson's background in science ?

I did a Google on him and found nothing.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:31 am

No idea!
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:37 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:No idea!

It might be an idea then for someone to try and find out Ashley.

I notice he doesn't say anything about his qualifications on any of his Facebook pages or blogs, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's a completely clueless idiot. We seem to know absolutely nothing at all about this guy.
Peter Henderson

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:41 pm

You've had quite a few mentions on Sorenson's Facebook page today Ashley:

feel it is important to occasionally post this article as I've seen so many well-meaning Creationists take on debates they're not quite prepared for.

http://creation.com/qa#bad_arguments

~Ashley

Some other references to yourself have been removed.

The man's a nutter. I'm surprised at CMI giving him the time of day.
Peter Henderson

Postby Roger Stanyard » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:
I notice he doesn't say anything about his qualifications on any of his Facebook pages or blogs, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's a completely clueless idiot. We seem to know absolutely nothing at all about this guy.

I took a brief look at some of his postings and he's as opinionated about politics as he is about science. His political understanding is nothing more that a set of paranoid fantasies; he's a full blown rabid wingnut.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Sorensen is a liar and a hypocrite - and appears to be sulking after my recent emails exposing his deceptions.

On his Facebook page today:
"Here's a reminder for those viewing this page for the first time. If you haven't read the information section of this page, let's at least make one part of it crystal clear:
"This Page is not set up for atheists and evolutionists to bash creationists and ID proponents or to ridicule God, the Bible and so forth. There are plenty of other places for those things. Besides, the Admins have other things to do besides engaging in lengthy debates and policing trolls — trolls feel the banhammer."
We encourage civil discourse, info sharing, and the Golden Rule. Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Followed by: "After the growth we've had, that reminder is timely. Thanks, Ashley!
-Cowboy Bob".

Maybe some trolls HAVE been on his Facebook page, attacking the Bible or attacking his inflammatory posts.

Well, for about the 20th time, Cowardly Bob, I have NOT. Your attempt to tar me with the troll brush is just pathetic, Bob.

This is AFTER removing his blatant lies about me which I drew to the attention of Facebook.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:59 pm

Btw I think Robert M Sorensen (engineer) is a DIFFERENT person.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Nothing about Bob's educational background or career here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AM ... cr_rdp_pdp
He sees himself as "the liberal atheist's and liberal Christian's worst enemy: Bible-believing, six-day creationist and Constitutional Conservative".
If any leading YECs beg to differ they have NOT gone public - and I suspect that Jonathan Sarfati AGREES with Bob as I am almost certain that Bob was referring to Sarfati in the autumn of 2012 when in one of his blog posts (since deleted) Bob quoted an unnamed friend from one of the YEC organisations I have contacted who apparently referred to me as follows - that I know "nothing about science and can't string two logical thoughts together".
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Yep, strange he isn't telling everyone what his qualifications are Ashley, which is probably a sign that he's not from a science background. Most of his posts seem uncannily similar to those of ploughboy's on Premier.

He's been going hammer and tongs at the old ~Ashley thing today. I'm sure the~Jason is a reference to Dr. Jason Rosenhouse (the Evolution Blog) who appears to have pissed him off as well.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:52 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:Yep, strange he isn't telling everyone what his qualifications are Ashley, which is probably a sign that he's not from a science background. Most of his posts seem uncannily similar to those of ploughboy's on Premier.

He's been going hammer and tongs at the old ~Ashley thing today. I'm sure the~Jason is a reference to Dr. Jason Rosenhouse (the Evolution Blog) who appears to have pissed him off as well.

I was assuming Jason Lisle - but you could well be right!

If Sorensen wants to call me a 'troll' for telling the truth about him HERE (a community forum which is OPEN to creationists) I have no particular objection - if it makes him happier. However, I object strongly to his blatant LIES that I have posted on his Facebook page, using my name or some other name, acted like a 'troll' there by posting 'inflammatory' comments, and got myself banned. I am not lying when I say that I absolutely have not. Any YECs reading this who condone Sorensen's behaviour in making false and malicious allegations should be ashamed of themselves - I suggest to them that it brings the gospel into disrepute. Much more than any 'compromiser' or 'useful idiot' Christian (eg a person who believes in a very old Earth) might possibly do.

If he continues to misbehave in this way, I will continue to post the relevant evidence here (and take photos on my computer screen as well).

I suspect Ploughboy is a different person - I seem to recall his first name is known and it isn't either Robert or Bob.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:57 pm

Can't recall whether I posted this at the time: http://www.christianpost.com/news/athei ... ine-72126/
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:25 am

Sorensen (who apparently is the Executive Director of The Question Evolution Project):
"I have a proposition to make. Atheists, please let the people like us who actually understand how evolution works talk about evolution while you all stop talking about it.(At least until after you read something else besides atheist propaganda.)"
A critic with the initials NF:
"As opposed to creationist propaganda..?" (which comment, btw, I did not 'like' when I first saw it several hours ago, or dislike it for that matter - but I didn't like it enough to click to show it).
Sorensen:
""As opposed to creationist propaganda..?" Do you have a problem with a creationist Page putting out creationist material? Read the "About" section". (That is a fair comment - and one reason why I have not posted on ANY YEC Facebook pages aimed at 'fans' merely voted on some of the posts that are made there. Shocking as this considerate approach may seem to a hardened YEC blogger such as Mr Sorensen.)
Sorensen again:
"NF: this is a Creationist page and as you were advised, please read the information section of our page. If your sole purpose is to randomly throw in jabs in threads to start a fruitless debate, then you will be prevented from commenting again. Please consider this a plead to have the right attitude and also consider this your warning. ~Ashley" (This further - rather provocative - comment MAY allude to something else by NF that was censored.)

Sorensen's whole approach is against the spirit of honest, open enquiry about eg evolutionary theory. Rather it is anti-evolutionary and anti-atheist propaganda.

He makes it 'easy' for people to post stuff he dislikes eg stuff about scientific evidence, in order to ban them (either he himself or his 'administrators') - and then BRAG about all the 'trolls' he has banned. More propaganda.

I tried googling The Question Evolution Project, and got this result: http://creationwiki.org/Question_Evolution_Project

I also found this: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id ... _name_link
NO sign of any relevant or recent scientific expertise...

Roger thought that TEQP was a one-man band. It certainly appears rather small in terms of personnel. Do they have a Deputy Executive Director, I wonder.
Last edited by a_haworthroberts on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
a_haworthroberts

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists