YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:38 am

The Creation Wiki article includes a link to THIS: http://www.conservapedia.com/PPsimmons

HUSH - Top Secret...
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:48 am

http://www.christianpost.com/news/on-da ... day-69489/
Michael Zimmerman referring to the Piltdown Superman blog in 2012:
"Websites of this sort, like most creationist websites, demand that scientific answers be intuitive. If answers become too complex, creationists say, the more intuitive answer must be correct. Simply put, in this field and in every other, this is an incredibly anti-intellectual position".

So Bob's 'equal time' is some religiously-motivated anti-scientific anti-intellectualism - a number of blogs where no comments are ever allowed and a facebook page where open debate about science isn't to be tolerated, and where you can be called a 'troll' by him even if you have never attempted to post any comments there...
a_haworthroberts

Message for Bob Sorensen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:49 am

So then Bob. IF you are planning to call me a 'troll' again on either your blog pages or your Facebook page, reflect on this. I have NEVER posted a comment on your Facebook page, as your regular readers would know, and you do not allow comments under your blogs.

Thus ANY troll-like behaviour on my part (the odd inflammatory comment on a community forum that is open to ALL), relating to your online input, has of NECESSITY been on the British Centre for Science Education community forum free for all (the odd email I have sent has also been reproduced here, and I have I think also previously linked here to this where I commented negatively and you badmouthed me in return http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-rev ... centReview).

Therefore, if you are going to call me a 'troll' again KINDLY LINK YOUR FOLLOWERS TO THIS THREAD AND COMMUNITY FORUM: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3153&start=60
So that your readers can search for my 'trolling' for themselves.

Ashley Haworth-Roberts
a_haworthroberts

Message for Sorensen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:18 pm

If I am a 'gutless wonder' then HE is a dishonest coward.

He now seems to be deciding to delete posts simply because I may have liked them, even though nobody would know or care who voted. Seems a bit paranoid to me ie only HIS posts are supposed to be 'liked' it would seem! Er, that's not how it works.

If this is blackmail on his part it's a total waste of his time.

Perhaps he should complain to Facebook that I am behaving outrageously and using the 'like' option for certain posts on his page (they would presumably read all his libellous comments about me too).
a_haworthroberts

Message to Cowardly Bob

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:21 pm

And he is still calling me a 'troll'. Yes, it's a form of blackmail to try and make no run away. As if.

I cannot believe he has stopped following this thread.

He is the most appalling hypocritical lying abusive Christian I've ever encountered online. (I could sort of tell in advance from reading his blogs.)
a_haworthroberts

Re: Message to Cowardly Bob

Postby Roger Stanyard » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:49 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:He is the most appalling hypocritical lying abusive Christian I've ever encountered online. (I could sort of tell in advance from reading his blogs.)

As I've said, you're over reacting Ashly. The creationist movement is full of twerps and weirdos just like the wingnut movement in the USA. You can't debate with any of them. It is a complete wast of time and you are wasting your own intellect and getting very frustrated about it. Best to walk away.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:54 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:He is the most appalling hypocritical lying abusive Christian I've ever encountered online. (I could sort of tell in advance from reading his blogs.)

As I've said, you're over reacting Ashly. The creationist movement is full of twerps and weirdos just like the wingnut movement in the USA. You can't debate with any of them. It is a complete wast of time and you are wasting your own intellect and getting very frustrated about it. Best to walk away.

I don't really think so. I've not sent any further emails to Facebook. I'm merely observing - in a thread which Bob has read very recently - that his name-calling will have no effect upon my actions (though I do NOT pretend to like posts, my votes where made are genuine).

I am not initiating anything which happened on and after the day I started this thread. I am responding to online abuse by someone who will never speak TO me but only insult me BEHIND MY BACK where he hopes to have a fawning audience.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Roger Stanyard » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:29 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:I am not initiating anything which happened on and after the day I started this thread. I am responding to online abuse by someone who will never speak TO me but only insult me BEHIND MY BACK where he hopes to have a fawning audience.

Even by the standards of creationists he's a rank amateur; I doubt if he has a significant fawning audience. The professional nutters such as AiG have long stitched up that corner of the market. Understanding "creation science" is of no interest at all to the vast majority of creationists.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:19 am

Hearty congratulations to Bob Sorensen. The first sentence of this post is truthful. Sadly the rest is lies. Including his claim, in response to being informed that people like me have libelled him (I tell the TRUTH about you Bob whereas you LIE about me) that "I am not interested". Which is totally falsified by his recent lying, and self-contradictory, attack against me on his Facebook page (which he has not apologised for nor said that he will not repeat in future): "Note to all: Since Ashley Haworth-Roberts is a cowardly troll without the courage of his convictions, giving a "Like" to comments that are foolish, illogical, hateful and so forth, it is an automatic death sentence for the comments from now on. He said that he was banned from this Page, yet created his account *after* he made that lie. He cannot be bothered to actually comment himself" (only the last sentence was true - and the reason I "cannot be bothered" is that I have never posted on Facebook and have only had an account since last September).

http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... -away.html

This is not a pre-emptive attack or the initiation of a further online dispute with Sorensen. It is my REACTION to his 'rant' of 2 January where he appears to be referring to me, among other people, with his childish 'Ashes for Brain'.

I will believe you and stop referring to you when you change your behaviour Bob. And when you BACK UP your libellous claims about 'misotheists' in my particular case and when you BACK UP your foolish recent claim, on your blog, that I have 'lied'.

With a bit of luck Bob will become pre-occupied with this anti-science campaigning, instead of ranting again about people that point out his bad behaviour. If he is to be believed, he says he has washed (something) away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsxKoTM3 ... e=youtu.be
a_haworthroberts

PS

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 am

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/01 ... onize.html
"No science today...". You're right there!
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:34 am

With a bit of luck Bob will become pre-occupied with this anti-science campaigning, instead of ranting again about people that point out his bad behaviour. If he is to be believed, he says he has washed (something) away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsxKoTM3 ... e=youtu.bea_haworthroberts

Well, you should be able to comment on Youtube Ashley without this dickhead either banning you or removing your comments. I don't think he has the authority to do that, which is why most of the creationist crap disables the comments section.

Go on, register for a Youtube account and post your comments there.

Thet'll definitely get up his nose.

By the way, he doesn't sound particularly bright, but that's just an observation. More in the mould of venomfang X.
Peter Henderson

Postby Peter Henderson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:44 am

Peter Henderson wrote:

Well, you should be able to comment on Youtube Ashley without this dickhead either banning you or removing your comments. I don't think he has the authority to do that, which is why most of the creationist crap disables the comments section.

By the way, he doesn't sound particularly bright, but that's just an observation. More in the mould of venomfang X.

Unfortunately he does appear to be able to moderate comments on Youtube as well Ashley, so mine probably wont appear. Oh well, it was worth a try.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:15 am

Peter Henderson wrote:

Peter - I'll bear that in mind. Nothing about this particular short video, on 'Question Evolution Day', riled me as it was all generalised rabble rousing stuff about challenging evolutionary Thought Police and so on.

Should he lie about me by name again on his Facebook page or his blogs, I'll consider the possibility of some kind of response under the You Tube video. Though other recent YEC You Tube videos, eg the ones disputing comments by Bill Nye, disabled the comments facility (for everybody).

I note that there is no current discussion taking place under this You Tube video, the last comment having been posted 10 months ago.

I did set this up, but not with the intention of making any videos: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwdTiYqDDuEu2080kB23K8Q
a_haworthroberts

YEC Bob Sorensen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:50 am

http://www.facebook.com/alex.c.botten#!/theealex
I don't like the bad language but someone named Alex Botten claims that Bob Sorensen has contradicted himself in different blog posts (flagging YEC website articles so THEY - not all by the same person - may well also contain the claimed contradiction).

See:
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/01 ... right.html (Note that YECs have precisely NO evidence for this 'speedy evolution' within kinds, post-Flood, along with the apparent massive boom in animal numbers not to mention extinctions SINCE 2,300 BC - they have just a PRESUMPTION that 4,300 years ago almost all life was wiped out. At a quick skim the, decade-old, Catchpoole-Wieland article supplies NONE - other than some of the evidence of change and adaptation over generations via natural selection in eg guppies as cited by mainstream science; but YECs have 'only' 4,300 years to play with unlike normal scientists.)
and then:
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2012/09 ... appen.html (Sorensen implies that molecules to Man evolution is too improbable to occur even over eons of time; the introduction to the rather technical AiG article states: "The objective of this paper is to use probability and mathematical statistics to demonstrate that time can have no significant effect on highly improbable events". Of course the 'speedy' evolution required by YECs is HIGHLY improbable in just 4,300 years but they won't talk about that.)
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2012/07 ... tural.html (a change caused by RNA editing rather than by genetic change over time ie not any kind of evolution but a sort of design feature)
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2012/05 ... flaws.html (three claimed flaws in Darwinian evolution - but if you look at it, the second one holds no water and just involves science-denial regarding observed genetic changes and new 'information' sometimes leading to greater complexity, whilst there is nothing in the third one which directly undermines the PRESENT-DAY theory of evolution or supports ID/creationism.)

Sorensen MAY not be directly contradicting himself so much as 'discussing' slightly different topics in different articles - but he seems UNAWARE even of the possibility of being CONSTRUED as contradicting himself, as he does not ever seem to refer back to his past blogs in the new ones to clarify such matters.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:24 am

Well, I don't know what you said Peter because it hasn't been published. Just THIS retort which tells everybody else NOTHING: "Why should I answer a question that is nothing but lies? I have no need to defend a position that I do not hold. Your logical fallacy of equivocation is noted."
a_haworthroberts

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists