YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

NOT Bob Sorensen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:56 pm

What do you get when you mix fundamentalist religion and daft people? Lies and intolerance.

Thus 'Mister Gordons':
"Stop being so self absorbed. How can anyone stand you? I have to go shower now, being here makes me feel dirty."
http://eyeonicr.wordpress.com/2013/01/3 ... /#comments

I was not the only one at THIS community forum who assumed the 'Ashley' at The Question Evolution Project was a false name...

Meanwhile 'Jesse M' wrote THIS:
"The BCSE has been doing nothing but putting a stranglehold on scientific education by keeping out any scientific criticisms of evolution, even ones raised by evolutionists themselves. They then lie to the public and falsely claim that evolution has no problems. They really want is to keep criticisms of evolution out becuase they know that the only way someone will accept evolution is by hearing only one side of the argument. They say that they are trying to keep “religion” out. That’s a lie; the religion of secular humanism is being taught in science classes, and they want to keep that IN, and criticizing evolution would dash their hopes.
Evolution was already been long disproved by Pasteur, but since naturalists have no alternative to it, they have to keep propping it up to make it look alive. I have written about this before."
http://answersforhope.com/online-atheis ... /#comments

Lies.
a_haworthroberts

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:48 pm

More particularly childish and hypocritical foot-stamping by the Cowboy on his Facebook page this evening:
"When a comment is "Liked" by cowardly troll Ashley Haworth-Roberts, it is usually a death sentence for that comment."
http://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman

I can't clearly remember what the innocuous comment said. But Stalin - a person often mentioned by Bob - didn't tolerate criticism either.

If he doesn't want people to like comments on his Facebook page, he should not have a Facebook page.

Or else he could grow up.

I am not a troll. Bob is a liar.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
a_haworthroberts

Postby theealex » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:48 pm

To be honest, Ashley, the reason that I am now nothing but rude to people like Bob and Jason is entirely down to having put up with their nonsense for a very long time.

Bob first started insulting and libelling me 2 years ago, and has over the years lied that I frequent prostitutes, am an alcoholic, am violent, am homeless, and am unemployed. He has called me names more times than I can count, and has repeatedly lied that I'm mentally unstable and 'stalking' him. To be honest I have no patience at all for him, having tried to explain reality to him in those early days, only to have it thrown back in a torrent of childish abuse.

I stopped blogging last year (only dipping back briefly this year to counter a series of lies by Jason Petersen), and have no intention of continuing. Basically I only now challenge Bob from time to time on Twitter (which I know he obsessively checks, despite having blocked me). I find it amusing that he is STILL spreading lies and hate about me, despite our interactions having ended quite some time ago.

Anyway, I want to say something - I think you're getting too worked up by Bob. Yes, he's an annoying, relentlessly lying, nutcase, but you need to keep two things in mind -

1. he's obsessed with self promotion, and is trying to get his name as well known as possible. He sees attacking atheists and people who aren't him as a way to do this (that, and getting on every fundie phone in he can manage)

2. he gets off on abuse, obsessively keeping records and screenshots of the times when atheists finally lose their rag with him and become angry. Getting genuinely angry/upset with him only spurs him on, gives him the thrill that he compulsively seeks - it's better to mock him and then ignore him. If you must interact with him simply point out where he is wrong and then refuse to get drawn further - he *hates* that.

Please, for you own sake, walk away from this nutter. I can assure you, after two years of dealing with him myself, that he's not worth the effort.
theealex

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:49 pm

If you are reading this, Jason Petersen, please note that you are defending the indefensible.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:53 pm

theealex wrote:To be honest, Ashley, the reason that I am now nothing but rude to people like Bob and Jason is entirely down to having put up with their nonsense for a very long time.

Bob first started insulting and libelling me 2 years ago, and has over the years lied that I frequent prostitutes, am an alcoholic, am violent, am homeless, and am unemployed. He has called me names more times than I can count, and has repeatedly lied that I'm mentally unstable and 'stalking' him. To be honest I have no patience at all for him, having tried to explain reality to him in those early days, only to have it thrown back in a torrent of childish abuse.

I stopped blogging last year (only dipping back briefly this year to counter a series of lies by Jason Petersen), and have no intention of continuing. Basically I only now challenge Bob from time to time on Twitter (which I know he obsessively checks, despite having blocked me). I find it amusing that he is STILL spreading lies and hate about me, despite our interactions having ended quite some time ago.

Anyway, I want to say something - I think you're getting too worked up by Bob. Yes, he's an annoying, relentlessly lying, nutcase, but you need to keep two things in mind -

1. he's obsessed with self promotion, and is trying to get his name as well known as possible. He sees attacking atheists and people who aren't him as a way to do this (that, and getting on every fundie phone in he can manage)

2. he gets off on abuse, obsessively keeping records and screenshots of the times when atheists finally lose their rag with him and become angry. Getting genuinely angry/upset with him only spurs him on, gives him the thrill that he compulsively seeks - it's better to mock him and then ignore him. If you must interact with him simply point out where he is wrong and then refuse to get drawn further - he *hates* that.

Please, for you own sake, walk away from this nutter. I can assure you, after two years of dealing with him myself, that he's not worth the effort.

Thanks - I have had very little DIRECT interaction with him. He normally goes 'behind my back' (I suppose I do the same - but that's because his blogs don't permit comments and I don't post on Facebook).
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:04 pm

Cowboy Bob....Cowboy science. I wonder if Bob is aware the term "Cowboy" in the UK isn't exactly complimentary (e.g. cowboy builers !).

To be honest, I'm quite surprised CMI are actually having this nutcase run their "question evolution" campaign. Surely he brings CMI's reputation into disrepute ?

I presume Bob is still part of CMI ?
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:20 pm

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/p/quest ... video.html
I've yet to see Bob "honestly examine the evidence" (though I admit that it is only in recent months that I have bothered to look at his blog posts).
a_haworthroberts

Postby theealex » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:Cowboy Bob....Cowboy science. I wonder if Bob is aware the term "Cowboy" in the UK isn't exactly complimentary (e.g. cowboy builers !).

To be honest, I'm quite surprised CMI are actually having this nutcase run their "question evolution" campaign. Surely he brings CMI's reputation into disrepute ?

He's not.
theealex

Postby Peter Henderson » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:42 pm

theealex wrote:
Peter Henderson wrote:Cowboy Bob....Cowboy science. I wonder if Bob is aware the term "Cowboy" in the UK isn't exactly complimentary (e.g. cowboy builers !).

He's not.

I thought "question evolution day" was originally a CMI campaign Alex ?
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 pm

http://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman
Bob making a fool of himself again:
"People wonder what a troll is. Here's one example. Ashley should like this." He certainly seems obsessed with me, despite refusing to speak to me.
I'm not angry, just incredulous that a few Christians can behave like this.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm

He and his cohorts made a mistake - they forgot to call me 'cowardly' (from the safety of their TEQP bunker).
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:13 am

He's not.

Obviously this is what I was thinking of:

http://creationwiki.org/Question_Evolution_Project

Inspiration for The Question Evolution Project (a.k.a. TQEP) began with the grassroots campaign of "Question Evolution" from Creation Ministries International. There was also a video by "PPSimmons" regarding "Question Evolution". A suggestion was made to CMI that a coordinated effort for a "Question Evolution Day" would be effective. The comment was published on their site, but nothing more was said. The author ("Cowboy Bob" Sorensen) of that comment decided to attempt "Question Evolution Day" himself
Peter Henderson

Postby theealex » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:
theealex wrote:

He's not.

It is, but Bob has just hopped on the bandwagon. Poor chap is incapable of original thought, and seems to be starting to believe that he actually came up with the idea.
theealex

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:30 pm

theealex wrote:He's not.

It is, but Bob has just hopped on the bandwagon. Poor chap is incapable of original thought, and seems to be starting to believe that he actually came up with the idea.

Indeed Alex:

Note: Neither "The Question Evolution Project" nor "Question Evolution Day" have been a product of Creation Ministries International, nor are any CMI employees affiliated with these activities.

http://creationwiki.org/Question_Evolution_Project

Sounds a lot like a disclaimer to me.
Peter Henderson

Postby theealex » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:54 pm

Even CMI don't want to be associated with him.
theealex

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists