Paul Garner mysteriously disappearing?

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Paul Garner mysteriously disappearing?

Postby cathy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Cathy - I think you are making the mistake that the ICR, based in Dallas incidentally but only founded in 1970, have some common decency or a shred of humility about them.

My mistake :) Bit stupid of me.
cathy

Postby cathy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:36 pm

He is currently listed with his "areas of expertise" self listed as Palaeontology and Teaching.

Having studied some geology and some palaeontology myself I know they are very different disciplines. Any thoughts?

And teaching? He isn't in a school or college is he? Has he a pgce - I'm not claiming he's claiming he has one by the way. I've not found that listed at ICR, but neither have I seen evidence of any teaching unless you call taking some homeschooled unfortunates out to lie to them about geology? But that's not really teaching that's deception.

Paul Garner wrote:
What they don’t do is say sorry.Oh dear me!
Brian Jordan wrote:
If Mr. Garner still feels, despite my explanation, that in compounding these errors I have in some way maligned him I am, of course, happy to apologise.Roger Stanyard wrote:
However, it does appear that I have not been sufficently precise in detailing Mr Garner's two qualifications and personally apologise to him according.apologize
əˈpɒlədʒʌɪz/
verb
verb: apologize; 3rd person present: apologizes; past tense: apologized; past participle: apologized; gerund or present participle: apologizing; verb: apologise; 3rd person present: apologises; past tense: apologised; past participle: apologised; gerund or present participle: apologising

express regret for something that one has done wrong.
"I must apologize for disturbing you like this"
synonyms: say sorry,

Brian are you suggesting that paul might be ignoring evidence that doesn't fit his agenda? Well I never.

I'm sure he'll acknowledge the fact he's been apologised to by bcse already on lhis blog soon ha ha ha ha pigs formation flying past the window as I type.Dearie me once a creationist always a creationist. Never admit to anything that doesn't suit.

I fear that for Paul sorry really may be the hardest word.
cathy

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Paul has changed the subject (something that YECs are very good at):
http://thenewcreationism.wordpress.com/ ... st-claims/
a_haworthroberts

Postby Brian Jordan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:46 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:Paul has changed the subject (something that YECs are very good at):
Where he says
One of the things I’ve done on my blog is to highlight the ongoing series of papers by palaeontologist Phil Senter that respond to creationist claims.
Shouldn't that be "fellow palaeontologist"? Then we'd know he was reviewing one of his peers?
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Michael » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:48 pm

One of the articles was Senter dismissing dinosaur petroglyphs.

However in New Mexico in Sept I found several petroglyphs of ammonites which prove that humans lived alongside Mesozoic ammonites and probably ate them
Michael

Postby Roger Stanyard » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:51 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:Paul has changed the subject (something that YECs are very good at):

Oh Dear! Seems that Mr Garner is no gentleman. http://thenewcreationism.wordpress.com/ ... dest-word/

But then he pushes scientific shit for a living.

Precisely to what extent does he want us to grovel to him?
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:06 am

Paul has changed the subject

I think he's simply blogging again :wink:
Peter Henderson

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:42 am

Peter Henderson wrote:
Paul has changed the subject

I think he's simply blogging again :wink:

Yer. Nobdoy cares about his Quixotic attempts to live in the past.

The fundamentalists and creationists are on their way to the dustbin of history.

I see that te creationists have just suffered a catastrophic defeat in Texas regarding school text books. They've thus lost the battle for education right across the USA. It's been downhill since Dover! No wonder they hate us and roll out the martyrdom complex.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:
Roger Stanyard wrote:
cathy wrote:I went down to see oldest child yesterday and dragged the kids to the British museum whilst there so walked right past UCL. If I'd thought I'd have printed out a copy of the Set In Stone comments and popped them into their geology dept. See if they were impressed with his drivel :evil:

One wonders whether Garner will "use" his qualification from UCL to "show" how a once notoriously secular university is "misrepresenting" science.

When I asked him why he didn't present set in stone to the Geological Society, and why they issued a statement rejecting young Earth creationism, he quoted 2nd Peter to me.

So let's get this right, Peter.

When Garner's science is criticised, he starts quoting religion?

Which is somewhat odd given that he is a Fellow of the Geological Society, an orgnisation that publicly rejects his creationism outright, and he has tried to hide that he is a fellow.

So why did he opt to become a fellow of an organisation that rejects what he is? To try and convince the gormless that he is a high standing geologist? He isn't. He's an unknown in the world of geology. He's an obscure preacher pushing religion.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:45 pm

cathy wrote:
What does all this tell us? In short, that when members of the BCSE are caught out making claims they cannot substantiate, they prevaricate, obfuscate, offer begrudging “semi-apologies” that are not really apologies at all and generally seek to evade responsibility. What they don’t do is say sorry.

Paul the people that need to publicly apologise to you are ICR.

I suggest you demand your full and grovelling apology from them. I suggest you ask that they do so publicly so others who have been misled by their mistake will clearly see it. Lest all this happen again. I suggest you will seem like a hypocrite after all you have said about bcse and about correcting people who call you Dr if you don't ask for the above from them.

Well, if he can't accept my apology, he can go f**k himself.

He neither represents Christianity nor geologists. A claim the BCSE can well substantiate.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:49 pm

YECs love to cite parts of 2 Peter 3
(a) to accuse their critics of deliberate lying about eg Noah's Flood (because the Bible 'says so');
(b) to bolster their shaky geological claims about eg catastrophism or past radioactive decay rates.
I've commented separately about Andrew Snelling's website article of yesterday.
a_haworthroberts

Who's mysteriously re-appeared?

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:01 am

'Doctor WHO? I'm NO 'Doctor' Paul Garner and the Dawleks - an Adventure in Space and Time'. Coming to a UK cinema or church near to you this weekend. Co-starring that famous 'young' traveller back through Time, Comet Ham himself, whose has just partaken in a World of Fantasy and Adventure in Chessington and will soon be searching for dinosaurs at Alton Towers, er Stoke-on-Trent.
a_haworthroberts

Postby cathy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:19 pm

Well, if he can't accept my apology,

Weeelll I'm waiting anxiously for him to acknowledge it on his blog. After all he wrote clearly on his blog no apologies had been forthcoming from bcse. I noticed several before Paul seems to have written his second tirade. Is anyone allowed to comment there and point this out?

It can't really be that Paul is ignoring the evidence under his very eyes to suit his own particular agenda could it? Could you really imagine a creationist doing that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
cathy

Postby Roger Stanyard » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:59 am

cathy wrote:
Well, if he can't accept my apology,

Weeelll I'm waiting anxiously for him to acknowledge it on his blog. After all he wrote clearly on his blog no apologies had been forthcoming from bcse. I noticed several before Paul seems to have written his second tirade. Is anyone allowed to comment there and point this out?

It can't really be that Paul is ignoring the evidence under his very eyes to suit his own particular agenda could it? Could you really imagine a creationist doing that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

He won't give any apologies. The UK creationists were blown out of the water 7 yearsago when we detailed, in piblic, what Truth in Science was attempting to do to education. Had we not done that, Garner may have become a dangerous man rather than an irrelevence to science and education. The only thing he seems to have done in the last 7 years is to continue to discredit religion (and himself).
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby cathy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:53 pm

He won't give any apologies.

Now hold on there just a minute. Didn't he email the bcse comittee when they had accused him of lying in error and ask them to correct it and apologise? Didn't the bcse comittee and you then apologise?

Now he is accusing the bcse and you of NOT apologising (and me of an excessive abuse of exclamation marks which I will admit to). After you had apologised?

If the bcse hadn't got far better things to do with its time I'd have suggested a stern e mail to Paul demanding the incorrect accusations of lack of apologies be apologised for.

How did Paul get thru his MSc by the way, without any mention of the age of the various rock structures I'm guessing a geologist would have to look at. Or the evolving fossils they look at. We offered A level geology (this is its last year thanks to good old Gove and his cuts) and I doubt very much you could have got an A level without mentioning the age of the Earth several times and they have to look at fossils too.

I went to see oldest child on Saturday and had a wander round part of her university looking at various skeletons she has to look at, and various bits of diseased viscera. All had very clear explanations for how certain things evolved (including bipedalism and changing pelvises). Twas but a smidgeon of a distance away from where Paul was studying his MSc, he could easily have popped in for a little peep and seen how it works. In his lunch break for example. I wonder why he didn't, he could have told them where they were going wrong.
cathy

PreviousNext

Return to Free For All